XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

11-22-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
hji1945
Private
Rep
Drives: M5

Just Picked Up a X5 40d M-Sport

Hey guys.
I haven't been on this forum for an while.
I had 135i and X5 30i in states and now I am moved to Korea for my family and the business.

I just picked up a X5 40d M-Sport model over here. I am not sure why they call it 40d when the engine is same as 35d in State. Although it says higher HP than US Spec, maybe because of different emmission.

Thing that sucks about buying a car in Korea is that you cannot really pick an options that you want. Korea is very small country, so they do not stock many cars inside of the country. Also, because they cannot keep many cars in stock they only bringing certain optioned cars that will sell to Koreans. And talk about the price of the car! My X5 was over 100k OTD. And it's missing Comfort Access, Power Tailgate, Adaptive Drive and such.

Also, I like to give big cheers to Terry at BurgerTuning!! I had a great experience with him when I had 135i in socal. I ordered JBD thinking it will take more than a week from states to over here. I ordered last friday and I already recieved the package yesterday. My mother-in-law sent package the day before and I have not recieved the package. Lol. My car has 46km which should be aroud 20 miles. So I am afraid to put JBD at this moment. I am thinking I should wait around for a while.

Does anybody know why there is difference in Spec compared to US spec? All the X family of BMW is made in US or CANADA I believe and not sure why they are different. I have read few thread about this, but none of them really cleared the answer. Also, how would you know if you have DEF in your car? Or does that come on every diesel model of X5? This is my first time Diesel. Although it is very popular to drive diesel in Korea I never even thought of it when I was back in State.

Anyway, here is quick Iphone pic at parking lot last night of my car. Hope I get some better picture this weekend.
Sorry for the long thread.. Just wanted to say Hi BTW..

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 03:55 AM   #2
chocobo1104
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X6 35i

you can order it the way you want it to be ordered just like anywhere else, except the wait is just ganna be 4 months long. I know this because Ive seen my father ordering an x5 and 7 from korea.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #3
krnboy817
Major
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i coupe

how about buying one and importing it in privately from US. i also may be doing this and is on the research about as well since my inlaws live in korea and my wife and i are thinking about moving there for awhile.

driving is poetry in motion.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 04:38 PM   #4
hji1945
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocobo1104 View Post
you can order it the way you want it to be ordered just like anywhere else, except the wait is just ganna be 4 months long. I know this because Ive seen my father ordering an x5 and 7 from korea.
Yeah... I knew about this options. But the dealers told me it will be at least 6 months of wait. Which I didn't think I could wait for..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2011, 04:40 PM   #5
hji1945
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnboy817 View Post
how about buying one and importing it in privately from US. i also may be doing this and is on the research about as well since my inlaws live in korea and my wife and i are thinking about moving there for awhile.
Grey Importing (At least that's what they call) is very popular in Korea now days. But when you bring car in from states, BMW would not give you any warranty. Although they say they have World Warranty, Korean people will not warranty your car.. Or they say they will, but they will keep refuse to make an appointment for you.
Appreciate 0