XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

05-17-2024, 02:39 PM   #1
bagads06
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Series 1 F20

Exclamation BMW 1 Series F20 2012 Navigation

I have a 2012 BMW 1 Series F20 that I bought second-hand. Since it was a used car, it still had the previous owner's contacts and addresses saved in the GPS. I decided to reset the Bluetooth to clear all the data and make it "like new." To my surprise, I lost access to the navigation menu and consequently can't use the voice command button on the steering wheel anymore. I can only use my phone to listen to music via Bluetooth and make or receive calls on speakerphone (I have to use the phone). I can't access my contacts in the system either, even though I can connect two phones simultaneously via Bluetooth. My question is: how can I resolve this? I thought it might be the navigation system key that got erased along with the map, so I bought it, but when I tried to install it (via USB), nothing happened. During the restart process, the navigation button is active for half a second and then deactivates, and I can't access it.

Does anyone have any solutions or suggestions?
Name:  WhatsApp Image 2024-05-16 at 10.08.07.jpeg
Views: 121
Size:  359.1 KB
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 12:16 AM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

The primary suggestion: don't do anything when you don't know what you are doing (your use of terminology is... telling).

You should have wondered about your car configuration/equipment and notice what's from the factory and what's not as it was second-hand.

Your infotainment unit is retrofitted. It's not only newer than what your 2012 car could have but from the result of your effort it's easy to guess your car didn't have the Professional navigation and the perks not available anymore from the factory. Thus, now that it's "like new", I would guess you should proceed with some coding to restore the retrofitting you seem to have affected with your reset.

When you need shade don't switch the sun off. You should've erased unwanted user data using the menu.
Appreciate 0