XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-16-2012, 04:19 AM   #1
Sardor
Registered
Rep
Drives: X6 35i

30ff error code (boost pressure low)

09 BMW X6 35i

I'm having this problem since late July of this year, I was driving to New York from Maine and somewhere midway my check engine light came on, stopped at a BMW dealership to find out that it was a 30ff code. They checked visually all the connections, reset the code and it didn't bother me for another month. I moved to Russia and took the car with me, now here I had the check engine light come on again. What happens is the car start to operate without the turbos, until the next engine restart. Took it to the dealership here, they checked all the connection by reconnecting them, same night light came back on.

Fastest I had it was twice a day, longest was a month without the light. This last time we checked all the digits that the code gave and it looked like the actually pressure was within spec range, which led to point that there might be some fault in the "brain" of the car; so the mechanics offered me to reprogram the car, which is pricy. Anyone had similar experience?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

sounds like a boost leak - start by checking the charge pipe connection to the throttle body and then work your way down to the intercooler connections. If the connections are truly ok (as previous testing shows), you might have a wastegate (turbo component) problem. You may be able to fix the waste gate arm (search for waste gate fix in the E90 forums) by adjustment.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
zerrantoss
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6

I also had the same issue.
Took it to the dealer and they said it's a software problem..
Appreciate 0