XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-14-2012, 12:32 AM   #1
BimmerX62010
Rep
Drives: X6

California buyer not allowed to buy extended warranty out of state?

I sent my keys to a BMW dealership in another state outside California after agreeing to purchase an original BMW extended warranty for a reduced price. They called me back (after charging my credit card) when they were trying to submit the warranty because their system (BMW NA?) was saying they couldn't sell one to California owners. The SA was genuinely surprised.

Anyone heard of this?

I have an address outside of California that I can use but I'm afraid if I use it, BMW NA may void my warranty since the car is in and serviced in CA.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
ifly
Cruising!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M

Wow! Never heard of that one before! I know when we moved to Europe the European dealers would only honor the two year warranty that is available in Europe and not the 4 year that we have in the US. We bought an extended warranty on an X5 we purchased in California, moved to Europe for two years then shipped back to Colorado. No problems!
Appreciate 0