XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-08-2012, 05:37 AM   #1
carlos50
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X6 35d Dynamic

How do I remove the headlamps?

Hi all

Can anyone tell me step by step how to remove the headlamps on my 2009 X6 please?

A couple of reasons, there is a very large bug / fly inside one of them and attempts to get it out have failed and also, i was trying to fit some LED bulbs for the angel eyes this morning and they wouldnt go. Couldnt get the 3 tabs to slot through for love nor money. I can do it with ease using normal bulbs but these things just would go. This is the ones im trying to use.

I am considering taking the headlamps out to get the bug so will fit these when i do, space is very tight on these cars
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #2
JYohay
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5

To make the led install easier try taking the redish rubber off of it.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
carlos50
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X6 35d Dynamic

It turns out the heat shrink steel body was clashing with a large lip on the bulb housing. Ground it down and got them fitted. Very dissapointed and returning them, my GP Thunder 7500k Super White halogens are better.

First pic is the 20W Cree LED which were meant to be extremely bright and the best around outside of LCI according to the seller and then the second pic shows one of the GP Thunders back in on the right side as you view the car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0