XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

10-19-2014, 05:22 PM   #1
particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR4 | L405 SC SWB

Anyone else experience either of these small issues?

I'm curious to hear any feedback on these before I whine to my dealer... tia

-Whenever someone sits in the back seat on the driver's side there is a pretty tragic sounding creak noise - only when cornering. It's loud enough to think it's something with the suspension but it's definitely interior. At first I thought the bar that holds the hatch cover wasn't secured as I had it out a few days prior to the first time it happened. However, I pulled over and triple checked that and the issue repeated itself when that seat has been used again. It's rare I have anyone sitting there so it's not urgent but still bother's me thinking something is loose. Anyone else experience this?

-The second is a bit more serious as it could easily cause be to bump into someone - it's abrupt lurching at low speeds while in drive but w/o depressing the accelerator. I always let the truck warm up to the point of the idle dropping but I find the lurching to be inconsistent. Once it went to the point of stalling the truck which was really surprising. It is most common when I have the wheel cranked as far as it will go while parallel parking/leaving a spot. I want to say I read something about this issue being related to a recall but I can't find the thread again.

Instagram@particulardude
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 07:25 PM   #2
twozzie
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 4.8i Xdrive

My 2009 was lurching during braking from 2nd to 1st gear, on the 3rd time into the dealers they decided to put a new transmission in . Car has 83k miles.No idea if its remotely the same issue but it was lurching.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #3
particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks twozzie.

Anyone else experience either of these issues?

Instagram@particulardude
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 02:29 AM   #4
RichardH
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: X5M

Had a similar issue, reset adaptions. Solved the problem.
Creaking issue try this
Attached Images

Last edited by RichardH; 10-23-2014 at 02:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 10:03 AM   #5
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Mine is going in soon for the transmission issue...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 05:34 PM   #6
particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Mine is going in soon for the transmission issue...
Seriously? Was there any specific diagnosis from the dealer related to the lurching?

Instagram@particulardude
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #7
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by moabite View Post
Seriously? Was there any specific diagnosis from the dealer related to the lurching?
I just told them it's "jerky" going from 1st to 2nd and they told me to bring it in. Nothing beyond that...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 07:13 PM   #8
particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Hm. Well I feel like it's not that big of a deal but I'm worried about bumping someone coming out of a parallel spot.

Instagram@particulardude
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 08:39 AM   #9
Alachua
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E39 M5, F85 X5M

There definitely feels like a delay on our 2013 X5 regarding the throttle when in gear (from a stop, you feel like you're pushing the throttle and nothing happens for a split second, then wham! you're off quicker than you wanted to) - but it shifts smooth into other gears. But haven't experienced the creaking noise.
Appreciate 0