XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-23-2014, 01:14 AM   #1
vinster88
Private
Rep
Drives: '12X5M

NorCal Dyno Day

Hello Everyone, I'm starting this Thread to see if we can organize a dyno day.

The shop is located in Santa Rosa, Its called FineLine Imports. They started out as primarily a Subaru performance and service shop. They have a Mustang Dyno, I'm not exact on the specs, however I believe that a Rep. from fineline will be chiming in here to field questions.

Ok, we need ten cars for the special pricing.
I believe we get three runs.

85.00 ea. Vehicle .

We are looking at Mid-late Feb.

This is not limited to X5M, all BMWs welcome.
standard common sense rules apply.
Here is a bit I copied from their site about the dyno.

1.Vinster88 2012 X5M Stock

finlineimports.net

Our Chassis Dyno

The Mustang 500SE Dynamometer is capable of accurately loading 2WD or 4WD/AWD vehicles for the highest level of repeatability in the industry. We utilize a load-bearing dyno that uses an eddy-current load absorption unit with low inertia rollers for precise and instant torque measurement and power production feedback while the vehicle is running.

The vehicle's weight and aerodynamic profile are utilized to accurately load the vehicle as it accelerates on the dyno. We can also simulate acceleration ramps and climbing grades. A full weather station that instantly measures barometric pressure, temperature, and humidity is also employed that reads AS the dyno is operating.

Our pricing structure is designed to facilitate everything from street cars to race cars to experimental vehicles.

Last edited by vinster88; 01-24-2014 at 01:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 01:52 PM   #2
Die Wolfe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '12 535i Msport/'13 X5///M

Sounds like a fun get together for us Bay Area folk. I'm down...then we can do a cool photo shoot with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background.
Appreciate 0