XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Photo/Video/Audio Gallery

07-19-2008, 04:29 PM   #23
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenard View Post
Go drive the 50i and then you will understand. I just drove it earlier this week and was very impressed. Much more fun to drive than X5, but if you have to have a 5 seater to justify an SUV/SAV then it is not for you. It does not feel 5000 lbs when you drive it.
+1 My X6 3.5 drives like my old E46 vert. I am amazed at the handing of the X6 every time I drive it.
      07-20-2008, 06:01 AM   #24
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Go drive the 50i and then you will understand. I just drove it earlier this week and was very impressed. Much more fun to drive than X5, but if you have to have a 5 seater to justify an SUV/SAV then it is not for you. It does not feel 5000 lbs when you drive it.
I have driven the X6 6-cylinder TT. The damn thing is too heavy.

I like the option of fitting 3 people in my back seat.

I sat in the back seat, I am just over 6-foot. My hair brushed the roof, very annoying.

The vehicle honestly makes no sense at all.

The poster above only defense was the attention he gets. Hardly a reason to buy a vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2008, 08:23 AM   #25
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC View Post
I have driven the X6 6-cylinder TT. The damn thing is too heavy.

I like the option of fitting 3 people in my back seat.

I sat in the back seat, I am just over 6-foot. My hair brushed the roof, very annoying.

The vehicle honestly makes no sense at all.

The poster above only defense was the attention he gets. Hardly a reason to buy a vehicle.
The 6-cylinder and 8-cylinder feel different and the V8 actually feels a little lighter in everyday driving because it has much better acceleration and more torque. It does not feel as heavy or heavier until you start to throw it around in curves some. Hard to explain. You just need to drive a 50i once your dealer gets one and you will see what I mean. It is definitely not going to feel like a 3 series or seat 5 people like an X5 and if this is what you are looking for then it is probably not for you.

I am looking for high performance, more utility then a 5-series, and something that drives much better than an X5 without feeling top-heavy and this fits my criteria perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2008, 11:13 AM   #26
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
The 6-cylinder and 8-cylinder feel different and the V8 actually feels a little lighter in everyday driving because it has much better acceleration and more torque. It does not feel as heavy or heavier until you start to throw it around in curves some. Hard to explain. You just need to drive a 50i once your dealer gets one and you will see what I mean. It is definitely not going to feel like a 3 series or seat 5 people like an X5 and if this is what you are looking for then it is probably not for you.

I am looking for high performance, more utility then a 5-series, and something that drives much better than an X5 without feeling top-heavy and this fits my criteria perfectly.
+1 ...

I was looking for an all wheel drive car but not quite an SUV, with some sporty attributes and still a descent amount of cargo space. So the X6 fits my criteria perfectly. It 'only' fits 4 and that's just perfect for me and my family. I do drive around some customers sometimes and I absolutely hate it if I have to squeeze 5 into a car. The X6 will have plenty of arm and leg room in the back. In regards to people complaining about the back seat head room, this is after all a 'COUPE', so of course there is less head room but at least you have your own doors to get in and out! Sure I wish the car was a little lighter but hey, I for one think they did a fantastic job...

On the other hand, I'm glad not everyone 'likes' the car, means there will be fewer out there and it makes them more special

I mean, just have a look at how many 335 are now out on the road...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2008, 12:50 PM   #27
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post

On the other hand, I'm glad not everyone 'likes' the car, means there will be fewer out there and it makes them more special

Perfectly said. I was just thinking the same thing earlier today. I have only seen 2 X6s driving on the road so far.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #28
chuck92103
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Quote:
Perfectly said. I was just thinking the same thing earlier today. I have only seen 2 X6s driving on the road so far.

Another note. Although th X5 makes more sense to a lot of folks, when you look at an X5 inside and out it has a lot of volume compared to the X6. A lot of the volume can never be utilized, it is wasted space. I would rather have less volume and better handling. 3rd row seats are a joke and dangerous in small to midsize SUV's. Cramming 5 into a car made for 4 does not make sense either.

The X6 is not for everyone. Nor is the X5. Nor is an M coupe or M3 which get less MPG and have less room. But to each his own. I think they are all fine vehicles intended for a specific market demographic.
      07-20-2008, 02:44 PM   #29
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck92103 View Post
Another note. Although th X5 makes more sense to a lot of folks, when you look at an X5 inside and out it has a lot of volume compared to the X6. A lot of the volume can never be utilized, it is wasted space. I would rather have less volume and better handling. 3rd row seats are a joke and dangerous in small to midsize SUV's. Cramming 5 into a car made for 4 does not make sense either.

The X6 is not for everyone. Nor is the X5. Nor is an M coupe or M3 which get less MPG and have less room. But to each his own. I think they are all fine vehicles intended for a specific market demographic.
I agree, the X6 was designed for a small 'niche' market. I think it addresses the 'wants' and not necessarily the 'needs' of people that like the sportiness of a car combined with the looks of a coupe but the versatility of an SUV (or SAV in BMW speak) without really being an SUV/SAV. I find it ridiculous when I read reviews and they compare the trunk space of the X6 with the trunk space in the X5... The X6 is NOT an X5 so how can you compare the two???

Of course the X6 will have less trunk space due to the sloping roof line. Another point I find odd is when reviewers say that the trunk is high and it is hard to load stuff into it. Have they looked at similar sized cars, for example the MB ML or GL series, the X5 and so on? They all pretty much have this high bumper but you don't seem to see them complain about that ... strange!
I agree, it is high, but at the same time, it is almost flat from that point on, which should make loading and unloading somewhat easier. Compare that to some other sedans where you still need to lift up stuff to get it over the rear loading lip and then drop it into the trunk. Unloading means you first have to lift the stuff up inside the car before you can get it out. In that regard, I find the X6 easier since you can slide your stuff to the back and simply take it out...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2008, 03:09 PM   #30
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

Quote:
I agree, the X6 was designed for a small 'niche' market. I think it addresses the 'wants' and not necessarily the 'needs' of people that like the sportiness of a car combined with the looks of a coupe but the versatility of an SUV (or SAV in BMW speak) without really being an SUV/SAV. I find it ridiculous when I read reviews and they compare the trunk space of the X6 with the trunk space in the X5... The X6 is NOT an X5 so how can you compare the two???

Of course the X6 will have less trunk space due to the sloping roof line. Another point I find odd is when reviewers say that the trunk is high and it is hard to load stuff into it. Have they looked at similar sized cars, for example the MB ML or GL series, the X5 and so on? They all pretty much have this high bumper but you don't seem to see them complain about that ... strange!
I agree, it is high, but at the same time, it is almost flat from that point on, which should make loading and unloading somewhat easier. Compare that to some other sedans where you still need to lift up stuff to get it over the rear loading lip and then drop it into the trunk. Unloading means you first have to lift the stuff up inside the car before you can get it out. In that regard, I find the X6 easier since you can slide your stuff to the back and simply take it out...
+++1....I've grown weary defending the X6 concept to the "Elitist/Traditionalist "- "Sports Cars Forever" crowd.Some will never " get" the X6 concept.Thanks.PalBay
      07-22-2008, 06:58 PM   #31
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Needs a drop.
      07-25-2008, 01:49 PM   #32
CyberDude
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS

Is it really the M version? Check out the YouTube video. X6 story start about 4 minutes and 38 seconds into the video.

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2008, 02:14 PM   #33
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDude View Post
Is it really the M version? Check out the YouTube video. X6 story start about 4 minutes and 38 seconds into the video.

This is what I heard as well and posted about on BimmerFile. That they are test the KERS system for serial production and for F1 at the same time essentially giving them a leg up on the competition.
      07-25-2008, 04:34 PM   #34
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Talking

Quote:
+1 ...

I was looking for an all wheel drive car but not quite an SUV, with some sporty attributes and still a descent amount of cargo space. So the X6 fits my criteria perfectly. It 'only' fits 4 and that's just perfect for me and my family. I do drive around some customers sometimes and I absolutely hate it if I have to squeeze 5 into a car. The X6 will have plenty of arm and leg room in the back. In regards to people complaining about the back seat head room, this is after all a 'COUPE', so of course there is less head room but at least you have your own doors to get in and out! Sure I wish the car was a little lighter but hey, I for one think they did a fantastic job...

Agree with you on this, it suits my needs as does it yours, I can't wait for mine to arrive.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2008, 12:40 AM   #35
JadeVetti
Bavarian Khaleesi
United_States
Rep
Drives: Waiting for the CS Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC View Post
I still don't understand why people want a lifted, 5000+ lbs vehicle, with only 4-seats and has little utility.

Don't people look a spec sheets before they buy?
Oh they do. Unfortunately, not everyone, especially uber chic mothers, can tote two car seats in a M3. Hence, the X6.

That would look utterly ridiculous.

The boys need to stop looking at this vehicle as a "why would I ever do that" kind of mentality. There is always a reason behind someone wanting/getting something.

This very discussion I recently had with male frieds of mine, and it kills me that boys actually believe M3s and M5s and M6s were made just for them.

Well aloha, X6M, here's one that's made for the gals that balance work/life/fun.

Never was a fan of the M5 (I'm not a fan of the 5 series, period). As for the M6, that wasn't around when I wanted an M3.

Thank You BMW!
      10-02-2008, 07:26 AM   #36
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeVetti View Post
Oh they do. Unfortunately, not everyone, especially uber chic mothers, can tote two car seats in a M3. Hence, the X6.

That would look utterly ridiculous.

The boys need to stop looking at this vehicle as a "why would I ever do that" kind of mentality. There is always a reason behind someone wanting/getting something.

This very discussion I recently had with male frieds of mine, and it kills me that boys actually believe M3s and M5s and M6s were made just for them.

Well aloha, X6M, here's one that's made for the gals that balance work/life/fun.

Never was a fan of the M5 (I'm not a fan of the 5 series, period). As for the M6, that wasn't around when I wanted an M3.

Thank You BMW!
Very,very,very well saidThanks! PalBay
      10-05-2008, 02:18 PM   #37
MiscExpense
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Jerez

Well put +1
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 01:08 PM   #38
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palbay View Post
+++1....I've grown weary defending the X6 concept to the "Elitist/Traditionalist "- "Sports Cars Forever" crowd.Some will never " get" the X6 concept.Thanks.PalBay

+1 - Chuck
+1 - Xdrive
+1 - Palbay
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 03:21 PM   #39
gnjuss
Private
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: M5

this car is the stupidest and redundantestttt thing I've ever seen.

The X6 is already too fast and too furious too be improved any further.

Although...I'm sure we all have that idiot friend who would buy such a thing.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2008, 08:59 PM   #40
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE90M3 View Post
For all intents and purposes this car is the ///M version of the X6 whether BMW call it that or not. BMW has long stated it would not produce an ///M version of its popular SAVs, but those were during the days of the X5, we don't know if BMW will be hard and fast with this rule when it comes to the X6.

Regardless, this car does exist, it does sport quad exhausts (///M trademark), some kind of fender grills or emblem (another ///M signature) and a very agressive body kit. But as always, BMW is never predictable, so time will tell what this car will be and more importantly what will be under the hood. (Rumors as they stand are for the M5 V10
Now that pictures of the upcoming x6 Hybird are out I think this is what these are pictures of, not an M version of the X6

http://www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-x6-hybrid-future.html
Attached Images

10-30-2008, 09:03 PM   #41
crooked I
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post
Now that pictures of the upcoming x6 Hybird are out I think this is what these are pictures of, not an M version of the X6

...i hope not....im really looking forward to the X6M.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 02:39 PM   #42
gnjuss
Private
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: M5

well done gary g,you've just proved my point
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 05:10 PM   #43
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlgc View Post

The Hybrid X6 can always be distinguished by the "Powerdome" hump in the hood,which houses some switchgear for the hybrid system.The X6 "M" can always be distinguished by the two huge front air intakes and the white LED light's along the bottom of those air intakes.Also the producton version of the X6 "M" will have the traditional "M" gills found on the upper front fenders.Hope this helps! Thanks. PalBay
Attached Images

11-02-2008, 05:15 PM   #44
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palbay View Post
The Hybrid X6 can always be distinguished by the "Powerdome" hump in the hood,which houses some switchgear for the hybrid system.The X6 "M" can always be distinguished by the two huge front air intakes and the white LED light's along the bottom of those air intakes.Also the producton version of the X6 "M" will have the traditional "M" gills found on the upper front fenders.Hope this helps! Thanks. PalBay
Thanks, just looking at the hood they look the same, guess you would have to have "inside info" to know the M version comes with the white led lights.