XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

04-10-2014, 07:53 AM   #1
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

How should bluetooth audio behave on 2012 x6?

When you use an iPhone with bluetooth audio, are you still supposed to be able operate your music in the same way that you can with it wired in?

I have a 2012 x6 35i and mine is only showing forward/back track when I use bluetooth audio with my iPhone5 running iOS6. I could have sworn that it used to behave the same as when its wired in, but it sure isn't now. From what I recall, the only difference was that I didn't get album art or something.

I just got the car back from service last week. I don't know if they updated any of my car's software or not. Obviously, since my phone is still running iOS6, it hasn't been updated in a while.

Any 2012 owners out there who can let me know the behavior of their bluetooth audio?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 07:10 PM   #2
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

That's correct - on any car that I can remember (including my X6) it is only forward and back.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2014, 08:46 PM   #3
6lacksheep
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbja
When you use an iPhone with bluetooth audio, are you still supposed to be able operate your music in the same way that you can with it wired in?

I have a 2012 x6 35i and mine is only showing forward/back track when I use bluetooth audio with my iPhone5 running iOS6. I could have sworn that it used to behave the same as when its wired in, but it sure isn't now. From what I recall, the only difference was that I didn't get album art or something.

I just got the car back from service last week. I don't know if they updated any of my car's software or not. Obviously, since my phone is still running iOS6, it hasn't been updated in a while.

Any 2012 owners out there who can let me know the behavior of their bluetooth audio?
My bluetooth and wired has the exact same functions. And yes only album art shows up when wired. I have the iphone 5s, i dont know if that makes a difference though
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 11:00 PM   #4
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by askylitdrive View Post
My bluetooth and wired has the exact same functions. And yes only album art shows up when wired. I have the iphone 5s, i dont know if that makes a difference though
When mine is connected via the iPod cable, I have full control. When Bluetooth, only forward/back.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 02:27 AM   #5
6lacksheep
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999
Quote:
When mine is connected via the iPod cable, I have full control. When Bluetooth, only forward/back.
Hmm, i normally change songs from my phone either plugged or unplugged. Did you mean you can only go forward and back with songs on your idrive?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 08:34 AM   #6
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

Quote:
You have full control when both wired and not wired, the only difference being no album art when not wired? That's what I recall mine doing. And you still have a 2012?

Ordinarily I only used pandora through Bluetooth and my iPod in the console, but my iPod isn't in the console right now so I was using my phone and was surprised at the difference.

I had a loaner car the other day, and not only was it full function with bluetooth, it had album art too. I remember thinking to myself: cool, album art through Bluetooth now! I didn't think: cool, full control! Could I be that wrong about how my car works after 3 years?

The dealer has accidentally back-leveled my software before, they could have done it again. The last time I lost my connected drive selection entirely. Or, perhaps they upgraded the software and now its only happy with iOS7.
Appreciate 0