XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

05-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
wang490
WTS my car :p
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Anybody has installed a Eisenmann sport exhaust?

After listening many exhust. I think I love eisenmann sport more than Aka EVO. just wondering should i go with 83mm tip or 90mm? and if u can post some pics after u installed them!
great thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
Nate@IND
Rep
Drives: BMW

Here is a video of the Sport performance that we took. Nice and classy

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660921
      01-20-2014, 06:25 PM   #3
bigred1100s
Private
Rep
Drives: x6m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Here is a video of the Sport performance that we took. Nice and classy

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660921
Nate, how come no one talks about the race version of the exhaust, are they discontinued. The race version in black is what I will be interested in when i pick up my x6m in a couple of weeks.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 01:30 AM   #4
reihani
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred1100s View Post
Nate, how come no one talks about the race version of the exhaust, are they discontinued. The race version in black is what I will be interested in when i pick up my x6m in a couple of weeks.
I had the race. It was way too loud for a daily driver. Great LOUD sound, but it really gets to you after awhile. I switched back to stock. As far as sport vs. akra, akra isn't necessarily built to be loud, its their craftsmanship and lightweight design that sets them apart. An Eisenmann sport will be much louder than the akra. If you were thinking of the race, I highly suggest you go with the sport.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 09:45 AM   #5
isugoo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihani View Post
I had the race. It was way too loud for a daily driver. Great LOUD sound, but it really gets to you after awhile. I switched back to stock. As far as sport vs. akra, akra isn't necessarily built to be loud, its their craftsmanship and lightweight design that sets them apart. An Eisenmann sport will be much louder than the akra. If you were thinking of the race, I highly suggest you go with the sport.
I had an Akra and it was basically same loudness as stock, as he said, it's really top notch built quality for the titanium lightweight and possibly most power gain exhaust.

But I wanted a bit of sound so I sold it and got the Dinan which is I think about 10-20%louder (from normal driving to accelerating hard) than stock.

And guess what who I sold my Akra to... I sold it to Eisenmann race owner.

PAST: F80 M3 ZCP | 911.1 C2S | F10 M5 ZCP | E70 X5M | E90 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 07:33 PM   #6
bigred1100s
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isugoo View Post
I had an Akra and it was basically same loudness as stock, as he said, it's really top notch built quality for the titanium lightweight and possibly most power gain exhaust.

But I wanted a bit of sound so I sold it and got the Dinan which is I think about 10-20%louder (from normal driving to accelerating hard) than stock.

And guess what who I sold my Akra to... I sold it to Eisenmann race owner.
Ok lets try comparing it this way: I have a c63 with a kleemann k3. it has K1 + a set of long-tube exhaust manifolds with front cat delete system, a large throttle system and a set of hi-flow air filters. It sounds amazing and no drone effect at idle once lifters settle. Do you think the race version for the X6M will be louder than my c63?

Sorry guys for all these questions its just that I moved to Ghana a few years back and wont really have the luxury of popping into a build shop to check it out. Also youtube does not really tell you much. Lost my M6 in a bad wreck (hit and run) and been looking for a replacement bimmer since. Found a good deal a couple of weeks back and thought I'd join and learn from you guys. Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 08:27 PM   #7
Sylvan Lake V35
Vanilla Gorrilla
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5M & X5 35d

I have the Esienmann race, it is perfect it is loud when you hammer the throttle but on the hi way you don't hear it. I now have catless down pipes and it boarders on almost too loud...almost. Before the down pipes it was perfect, it was more of a sports car feel than luxury SUV.

I have been looking at a c63 for a second car, got any pictures of yours?
      01-28-2014, 06:12 AM   #8
bigred1100s
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35 View Post
I have the Esienmann race, it is perfect it is loud when you hammer the throttle but on the hi way you don't hear it. I now have catless down pipes and it boarders on almost too loud...almost. Before the down pipes it was perfect, it was more of a sports car feel than luxury SUV.

I have been looking at a c63 for a second car, got any pictures of yours?
Aww i am selling it, if I was still in the states I am sure we could have done a good deal. Car does not even have 14k on the clock. Here are the pics

Sorry about the pic quality
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 04:12 PM   #9
Rob NY
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang490 View Post
After listening many exhust. I think I love eisenmann sport more than Aka EVO. just wondering should i go with 83mm tip or 90mm? and if u can post some pics after u installed them!
great thanks
you can even go with 4X102mm
Attached Images

Last edited by Rob NY; 01-30-2014 at 04:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 04:26 PM   #10
bigred1100s
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob NY View Post
you can even go with 4X102mm
do they really do a 102mm? I think my mind is made on what I'll do. AA flash, SS DP, Eisenman mufflers. I wanted the 90mm but you just threw me off with the mention of 102. does anyone have a pic please?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 04:27 PM   #11
Rob NY
Captain
Rep

Quote:
do they really do a 102mm? I think my mind is made on what I'll do. AA flash, SS DP, Eisenman mufflers. I wanted the 90mm but you just threw me off with the mention of 102. does anyone have a pic please?
you see the pictures right above, thats 4X102mm. It was a special order.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 12:59 AM   #12
bigred1100s
Private
Rep

Quote:
you see the pictures right above, thats 4X102mm. It was a special order.

Thank you.
I see you are in NYC, ill be there is march before heading to a convention in vegas, would you mind if I see and hear it in person please? That aside how long and how much more was the special order? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 06:11 AM   #13
Rob NY
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I see you are in NYC, ill be there is march before heading to a convention in vegas, would you mind if I see and hear it in person please? That aside how long and how much more was the special order? Thanks

If I still have the system on my car you are more then welcome to come and see it.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 09:22 AM   #14
bigred1100s
Private
Rep

Quote:
If I still have the system on my car you are more then welcome to come and see it.
Brilliant! i arrive 18 of march. thanks
Appreciate 0