XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

10-23-2009, 09:33 AM   #1
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Alright.. Order status Thread!

Just called this morning and got the message, "Your vehicle was released to a carrier and is awaiting transportation to the port of exit"

Order was placed on 10/2/09.. The dealer told me to expect delivery sometime in the beginning of December. If my car was already released to a carrier, what is going on for the next 4 weeks between NY and the Carolinas?

My build week was 42.. so I guess the car is on time? Any chance this car makes it to me before December? Anyone have an experience that brought their car in before the estimated delivery? I mean they always give a range of 6-8 weeks.. Has anyone experienced the 6? I always just assume when salesman give a time frame that it is better to lean towards the end of it.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 09:57 AM   #2
sariggs1
Scott R.
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6 xDrive 50I

Garage List
2012 X6 50I  [0.00]
2006 Volvo XC90 V8  [0.00]
2001 996 Turbo  [0.00]
Sounds like you are closer than you thought. Congrats!
Black Sapphire Metallic with Saddle Brown Nevada Leather, Comfort Access keyless entry, Running boards, Rear-View Camera, Dark Bamboo wood trim, HUD, HD Radio, Satellite Radio, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Premium Sound Package, Rear Climate Package, Sport Package, Euro Black Kidney Grill, Euro Side Markers, Black Double Spoke 215 Wheels...
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 12:43 PM   #3
Nezo86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
Just called this morning and got the message, "Your vehicle was released to a carrier and is awaiting transportation to the port of exit"

Order was placed on 10/2/09.. The dealer told me to expect delivery sometime in the beginning of December. If my car was already released to a carrier, what is going on for the next 4 weeks between NY and the Carolinas?

My build week was 42.. so I guess the car is on time? Any chance this car makes it to me before December? Anyone have an experience that brought their car in before the estimated delivery? I mean they always give a range of 6-8 weeks.. Has anyone experienced the 6? I always just assume when salesman give a time frame that it is better to lean towards the end of it.
What does the track your vehicle feature say on bmwusa.com say??? On mine it still says scheduled for production but when I called the automated system it told me "your vehicle production is complete and is waiting to be released to a carrier" so the website is behind!! But I'm excited that my baby is finally done!!!
2010 BMW X6 50i, Black Sapphire Metallic, Chateau Nevada Leather - 20" Light-alloy wheels Star Spoke (style259) with mixed run-flat perf. tires - Space-saver spare - Soft-close automatic doors - Heated front seats - Dark Bamboo wood trim - Performance Upgrade - Premium Package - Rear Climate Package - Sport Package - Rearview Camera with Top View
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2009, 12:18 PM   #4
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

When I ordered mine the next status I received after this was that it was at the delivery center. The delivery center seems to be a place where they prep cars before sending them to the dealer. There are some folks here that intimately familiar with this and hopefully will weigh in. I know the delivery center for the west coast in Los Angeles.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 08:14 AM   #5
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

My car has been at the prep center for the whole weekend. It is even showing on the website!! (which is always far behind actual status of car) Not supposed to take delivery until beginning of December... It isn't even November yet.. I just hope this doesn't translate to my car sitting at the prep center for the next month..
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 10:15 AM   #6
Allex18
Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: E90 318I 2007 full

Garage List
My car will enter production this week . I hope that the car arrives in late december and not in january fingers cross
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 11:10 AM   #7
Kojak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i M-Sport

I went through this holding the breath exercise 18 months ago, waiting for mine. If I recall correctly, it gets prepped, the waits at the prep center waiting to get shipped. Shipping delay could be a single day or up to a few days, depending on where you are. You probably won't get another status change until it shows up at your dealer and then he has to work on it for up to a day
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #8
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

ok, so what you are saying is after it reached the prep center it got to you in a week to 2 weeks?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 03:40 PM   #9
Kojak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i M-Sport

something like that, yes, as best I can recall
Appreciate 0