XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

10-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
zaha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6M

X6M coming in 2 weeks right in time for winter

Hey everyone,

I ordered a 2010 X6M at the end of September with a October build. Got a call saying the car should be here by the end of this month! I can't wait to get out of the 3 series rental that they gave me and into a proper car.

It's sapphire black with black leather and the premium package.

I'm in Ontario and it seems like it will start snowing any day now. I've read a few threads on here about winter tires but am still undecided. The winter package at BMW here is roughly $5000 with labour/taxes which is pretty steep if you ask me. I called TireRack and they said they don't have a package for the X6M because they haven't had one to see if the X6 50xdrive rims will fit on it. That package is $2400usd with shipping.

Does anyone know if the winter tire package off the X6 50xdrive will fit on the X6M? Any other advice? Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Welome and congrats on your order.

For winter alloys you can use style 232,19"..looks cool!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 08:35 PM   #3
DoctaM3
500+ HP Club
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i8; 2023 BMW M4 CSL

Garage List
2023 BMW M4 CSL  [0.00]
2008 Audi S6 V10  [0.00]
2014 BMW i8  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaha View Post
Hey everyone,

I ordered a 2010 X6M at the end of September with a October build. Got a call saying the car should be here by the end of this month! I can't wait to get out of the 3 series rental that they gave me and into a proper car.

It's sapphire black with black leather and the premium package.

I'm in Ontario and it seems like it will start snowing any day now. I've read a few threads on here about winter tires but am still undecided. The winter package at BMW here is roughly $5000 with labour/taxes which is pretty steep if you ask me. I called TireRack and they said they don't have a package for the X6M because they haven't had one to see if the X6 50xdrive rims will fit on it. That package is $2400usd with shipping.

Does anyone know if the winter tire package off the X6 50xdrive will fit on the X6M? Any other advice? Thanks in advance!
When did you call TireRack? There is in fact a setup for your 20" tires... that's if you want 20" they are the Pirelli Scorpion. I ordered mine! Now, if you don't want 20's well.... I just don't want the change the look of my setup and besides I hope (gulp) we don't one of those crazy winters with 12" of snow at a time. UGH... snow!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2009, 10:12 PM   #4
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaM3 View Post
I hope (gulp) we don't one of those crazy winters with 12" of snow at a time. UGH... snow!
I couldn't agree more. Winter blows. I'm not sure 20 inchers are the way to go, especially if one gets moderate to severe snow. Up here in Canuck-land, I'm definitely going with the most advantageous set up I can put together.

I am hoping that a Tire Rack 19 inch set up with 255 tires will clear the front calipers on the X6M. If I can get confirmation of this, that's the way I'm going. I think that would be better than going with 275s all around, never mind 275/315!!!
      10-16-2009, 08:57 AM   #5
zaha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6M

Deda
I spoke to my local BMW dealer and they said that only the 298M will fit around the brakes. I later spoke to a friend of mine who is a BMW dealer and he told me the 298M are the only style BMW recommends but thinks others will fit too. I have not yet gotten a confirmation from anyone that the 232s will fit. Have you seen them on a X6M?

DoctaM3
I spoke to TireRack a few times in the last few weeks. They did inform me about the 20inch Pirellis, however I would like to have a separate set of winter rims with a higher profile tire. This is yet not available at TireRack since they are unsure if the 19s that they offer for the X6 50xdrive Sport will clear the brakes.

TTBear
I think that option will be best. I will buy the same set the second I get an okay from someone that they actually will fit. It would be a shame if the package came in, and did not fit on the car.

I find it very hard to believe that there is just one style of rim that will fit this car for the winter! Will keep you guys updated if I find out anything new.
Appreciate 0