XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

04-26-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
camrewop
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X6 & 2011 BMW Z4 35i

Dinan Failed to Finish Upgrade

Hi everyone,

Had my 2009 x6 50i in for some service, and decided to go ahead with the Stage 1 Dinan software upgrade. It seems to offer an incredible performance upgrade for the price.

After a few hours, I was informed by my dealer that the process would get close to completing, but simply wouldn't finish. They spoke with Dinan, and apparently Dinan has seen this issue before on a few X6es. From what the dealer said, Dinan would need to send someone on-site to finish the upgrade.

Has anyone else happened to run into this situation? Also, are there any other options for a software upgrade that are comparable to Dinan?

Thanks Guys/Gals,

Cam
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2011, 11:28 PM   #2
scottjays
Starfleet Command
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Yes I had same issue. Scott @Dinan arranged for tech and parts manager to be on a conference call while third install was attempted. This was successful

Quote:
Originally Posted by camrewop View Post
Hi everyone,

Had my 2009 x6 50i in for some service, and decided to go ahead with the Stage 1 Dinan software upgrade. It seems to offer an incredible performance upgrade for the price.

After a few hours, I was informed by my dealer that the process would get close to completing, but simply wouldn't finish. They spoke with Dinan, and apparently Dinan has seen this issue before on a few X6es. From what the dealer said, Dinan would need to send someone on-site to finish the upgrade.

Has anyone else happened to run into this situation? Also, are there any other options for a software upgrade that are comparable to Dinan?

Thanks Guys/Gals,

Cam
Appreciate 0