XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

12-03-2010, 12:30 AM   #1
imposss
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4 Comprtetion

Dealer made me pay for a loaner!?

Hello guys! To make long story short, I brought my car to a new dealership to see how was the service for the first time. I've had restraint system malfunction message.
So my SA advisor told me that they pay 40$ and I have to pay 18.95$ per day for the rental. Is it normal??? Because when I bought a car Sales person told me that loaners are free and most of the time it's 3 series.
I didn't have a choice but to pay a rental, and also a guy who rented me a camry told me that I had to reserve a car or usually it's an hour of wait (without reservation), that's a worst service I ever had in my life. I've had some experience with mercedes which was great they gave me B class 0 charge for my GL and had an Infiniti G35 for my FX.
So my question is: Did they screw me or it's normal?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 08:00 AM   #2
szj2020
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6

Welcome to the BMW west island. Every others dealer will give you loaner for free. When I got my fx35 serviced at spinelli they always give me G or Ex.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 08:34 AM   #3
zaha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6M

I have been to 2 BMW dealerships in in the GTA and they charge for loaner cars, $35. However, I have always gotten them for free, regardless if it was a BMW or some shitty enterprise car. I think it is pathetic that they charge for rentals, I told them once how I feel and have had no problems since.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 10:02 AM   #4
imposss
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by szj2020 View Post
Welcome to the BMW west island. Every others dealer will give you loaner for free. When I got my fx35 serviced at spinelli they always give me G or Ex.
That's a first and last time I went there, hope survey company gonna call me.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 10:28 PM   #5
mac X6
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6 5.0

Maranello motors in Woodbridge Ontario gives loaner cars at no charge.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 11:10 PM   #6
imposss
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac X6 View Post
Maranello motors in Woodbridge Ontario gives loaner cars at no charge.
I know every other dealer in Montreal area gives loaners for free.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 07:20 AM   #7
Slalom
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4, 18 X3 M40i

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
I think that I will make it a condition on the bill of sale for my next car. I always had a free loaner when I drove American cars. Then I bought a 318. Well it was the bottom of the line and the dealership was more of an enthusiasts' garage. But since then we have bought 9 cars from the same dealership, including two X5's. I am tired of taking the "shuttle"/ Dodge mini van driven by a bitter guy who criticizes my employer.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 12:05 PM   #8
imposss
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slalom View Post
I think that I will make it a condition on the bill of sale for my next car. I always had a free loaner when I drove American cars. Then I bought a 318. Well it was the bottom of the line and the dealership was more of an enthusiasts' garage. But since then we have bought 9 cars from the same dealership, including two X5's. I am tired of taking the "shuttle"/ Dodge mini van driven by a bitter guy who criticizes my employer.
In which part of Canada you are?
I'm thinking maybe to write to general manager.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #9
Slalom
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4, 18 X3 M40i

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Thanks imposss. I will have a conversation with the owner of the dealership the next time that I see her, because at this point I do not see that I am getting any advantage by being a loyal customer. I am in Ottawa and it is just as easy for me to go to Montreal to order a vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 07:53 PM   #10
szj2020
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slalom View Post
Thanks imposss. I will have a conversation with the owner of the dealership the next time that I see her, because at this point I do not see that I am getting any advantage by being a loyal customer. I am in Ottawa and it is just as easy for me to go to Montreal to order a vehicle.
If you do go mtl avoid west island BMW. That's the dealership that will make you pay $20 for an camry.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #11
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

Gosh, and I was PO'd the last time I scheduled an oil change because the dude on the phone wouldn't schedule a comp loaner. He said that they didn't give loaners for anything that 'should take less than 1.5 hours'. I told him that I had never been refused a loaner in the 8yrs that I had been using them and I was willing to wait until he had an appt to accommodate one. Nope.

I mentioned it in passing to my CA and he gave me a new vehicle for a loaner (I was so scared about it I wouldn't even let my son wear shoes in it!).

Turned out my car had to be kept over the weekend because of a problem with my backup camera. When I picked up my car I also mentioned to my SA that the phone dude wouldn't schedule a loaner. He said if it happened again to call him and he'd fix me up.

Service! (ok, by everyone but the dude on the phone). There isn't another BMW dealer within 100 miles for me to go to for service, but I sure could buy a different car.
Appreciate 0