XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

04-18-2011, 02:55 AM   #1
drotoscope
Registered
Rep
Drives: X6

Bmw X6 Paint issue

Hi all

Relatively new to X6 ownership. Enjoying car very much but one issue thats bothering me.

It is a 2011 titanium silver x6 35d with chateau red interior.

In bright sunshine there are slight cloudy patches/?streaks of light and dark in paint all round car. The dealer has polished it and still looks much the same. Another x6 in showroom looks like it may have same issue although difficult to tell under lights indoor.

The issue is particlarly highlighted on bonnet under halogen light in my driveway at night.

I have had a look online and other people seem to have noted this on BMW Titanium silver paint also.

Has anyone elese noted this on their X6 as the service managaer is suggesting that it is a variant of normal for silver cars.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 05:18 AM   #2
UK6
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 & 330e

Got a photo of this?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 09:29 AM   #3
IrishX6
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 35d

Have the exact same issue on my 2009 BMW X6 35d, bought it in December 2010 with 5k miles from a dealer in the UK, it was a demo model so im sure was well washed and polished from new, slight shading mainly on the four doors and slightly on back bumper corners, tried polishing but seems to make no difference, hard to see and probably no one else would notice but i do
Would like to hear people's thoughts?

Is it worth getting back on to dealer or BMW?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #4
drotoscope
Registered
Rep

UK6 - it is hard to photograph as the variance is slight (but noticeable to me) and exposure/reflection in photos probably masks it.

I have a feeling it is consistent in the x5/x6 range - i think they are made in factory in USA so may be a specific factory issue re paint.

My brothers 335d sport is also Titanium and paint seems much less affected.

Service manager is contacting BMW but says that all they can do is repaint (the whole car !!!!!) but no guarantee of any improvement.

Will keep updated.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 05:51 AM   #5
drotoscope
Registered
Rep

Going for another polish and ?detail to see if can reduce variation in colour in few weeks-

will keep updated.
Appreciate 0