XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Photo/Video/Audio Gallery

09-19-2009, 03:26 PM   #23
us_matrix
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MY14 M5 Black Sapphire

Thanks for your great tips.

I followed your link for the rear camera system. Is this the exact same one you got $43?

http://www.resunshop.com/ProductDesc...?productId=384

I watched your video where the camera located which is sitting on the pre-make hole next to the handle. I checked mine X5 also has the same pre-make hole coverd with black plastic. My question is that camera will perfect fit in the pre-make hole or you have to do any modification to fit in the camera?
How's the vidoe quality compare to factory especially at night? I also found another one from ebay which is integrated with LED for license plate... Any comments about this compare to your based on the information they provided?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Speci...4506.m20.l1116

Sorry for too many questions. I am very excited after I found your post for this product and the nice thing is I do not have to pay dealer to do any programming plus extra video inputs for future expansion. But I am still trying to figure out how to remove everything like console pieces, Nav screen, running the cable from head unit all the way to the back trunk where pre-made hole located. Did you hide the interface behind the head unit? Screw in somewhere? I will be very appreciated if have any picture or instruction of removing those pieces?

Quote:
Originally Posted by motex View Post
I will try to explain what do you have to do.
Since you have navigation, it means you have the 8.5" screen, mine is 2" smaller in width, my car did not come with rear view camera, just PDC, so what I did is I bought both items, the first one is the interface that is the one that makes all the electronic job and sends the video signal to your NAV screen, and the second is the rear camera itself , so answering your first question, YES you can install the rear view camera as I did.

As for your second question, the best thing about this system is that it does not need any dealer re-programing, after you install the system, everything works fine and the main car computer will not notice any changes !

The video interface has 3 extra options you can install later one, like a DVD, TV and Playstation or even a front night vision camera, it comes with 3 extra sets of RCA's

Regarding buying the system, after some research I made, I found the manufacturer of the interface which is in Korea and for my surprise is not the same manufacturer for the camera, since I did not know this before I bought the system, I bought it from this people in Israel http://www.component.co.il/ it is a little more expensive buying from this people.

Now, buying from 2 different suppliers is not so complex, I will give you here the 2 URL's that will make you save a lot of bucks !

The manufacturer for the camera is: http://www.resunshop.com/ , I already have a contact person called " Runner " e-mail address is: resunshop@gmail.com , please tell him you got the name from Bernie from Costa Rica

The manufacturer for the video interface is: http://www.qdis.co.kr/product/bmw356.asp
I also have a contact person here called Christina, e-mail : a20920@qdis.co.k

Both are great persons, hope now you have a better picture and wish you good luck in your project, I installed mine myself without any electronic knowledge, just following 3 easy steps to make the system work.
Best regards and good luck !!
Bernie
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 11:10 AM   #24
ltglenn13
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 X5 E70 3.0

I have the factory PDC and reverse camera... I only want to replace the camera and keep the factory interface. This is to improve the picture quality. I want to keep all the factory parking guidance and object notifications in the I-Drive image. Does anyone know if the camera mentioned above with just "swap" with the factory camera?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #25
motex
2020 Mineral White 30d MSport
Costa Rica
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral White 30d MSport

Garage List
I will say yes.......
Appreciate 0