XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #23
chinaman01
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw x5 35i premium

thx for all the help guys, i think im gonna wait for the lux h8.
@icenutz - i bought the 17 piece. i ran into some problems w it. but it seems to be very bright and nice. u will be missing a few piece tho. i fucked up my glove compartment trying to replace that. and as for the the center front map lights and the two side backlights. i got no idea how to take that out dont wanna mess up anything. but the door/tailgate/under the seat/etc all was ez to do.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #24
chinaman01
Enlisted Member
Rep

ill post pic as soon as i finish the center front and the two side back. also u might wanna leave 1 light to be stock. i heard that if its full led. sometimes what happens is one bulb will not turn off. u might not be able to see it, but its turn n it might burn up n light ur car on fire.
also if anyone knows how to take out the center map/dom lights and the two side lights at the top. can you please post some instruction or a vid. HUGE THX!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 08:27 PM   #25
icenutz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5

I have yet to do the center dome bulbs, however I know the map lights will just pull out, like any other 194 bulb.. u just need to get up there with some needle nose or something?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 08:29 PM   #26
icenutz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5

I just installed the LUX H8 and I gotta tell you they are amazing!!! They fill the rings, perfect color, 15 minute install, and no error codes... I highly recommend them to any member!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 09:36 PM   #27
Kloogy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 Sport

Garage List
Yup. That's what I keep trying to get across to moat people
2004 Mustang GT Vert. - Modded
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 12:46 AM   #28
chinaman01
Enlisted Member
Rep

ill look into that, thx guys. and as for the map light/dome. i did some research and it turns out to be a 3 part lighting placed into the center. there are two metal clips between the middle of the two side lights. and u gotta take a screw driver and pop it out. but if u dont get the two metal piece unlock u might damage the surround by taking it out w too much force. also do not try to take out the bulbs w needle or w.e. u gotta twist it from the end and pull out.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #29
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaman01 View Post
i would like to thank everyone for their post.
@kloogy i have but its hard to tell if the 10 will work w the 11, n i didnt wanna go through the whole return thing if it didnt.
@iron_chef thanks for the link ill check it out =]
@mds82 thanks for the update i was consider waiting the time for that, since the lux 2s got this cap prob i didnt like.
@babyblack thanks im looking forward to ur pics and that sexy ride!
No problem. Just so you know the LUX H8 V3 was announced the other day as well. some pics are on the site ( which is in progress and on the for sale thread below)
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 07:05 PM   #30
chinaman01
Enlisted Member
Rep

thx for the updated. btw just to inform u guys about the jmd interior light set. i got the blue light set and installed most of them. it looks nice, but it would help if it came with a complete interior set, covering the mirrors and glove compartment. in addition, its all the same bulb, so the major areas that require more bulb or a brighter bulb; dont expect to much. overall ill give it 3 stars, 1. not enough bulb for a so called interior set and 2. no variation or special bulb for main lighting area.
Appreciate 0