XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-09-2014, 12:11 PM   #1
Michael_s
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 991 C4S

Driver Window Rubbing Noise Over Large Bumps

Traded Cayenne TT for a 2013 X5M. Previously have a 2010 X5M that was wrecked (hit from behind) and went to P brand. Big mistake, back in the M. But I digress.....

Car is perfect, except over large bumps I am getting a rubbing noise from the driver door/window. I pretty much have isolated to felt strip that meets the body of the car, but it's a little tough to get exact location. The windows are tinted but I don't think it's the tint rubbing as the windows are full boxed by frame. I cleaned all the felt with denatured alcohol, gummied the seals and bought some black felt to attach to the body of the car where it appears the noise is coming from. Noise is improved but not totally eliminated.

Dealer will take a look next week but wondering if anyone has further suggestions to avoid dealer visit. It's really not bad but I'm OCD and would like to eliminate.

TIA.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 08:37 PM   #2
kskpsu
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M; E90 M3 ZCP; M4 GTS

Garage List
'11 BMW 1M  [9.83]
Same issue here, think it is weatherstripping. Car goes in Friday for service/warranty work...this is on the list.