XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

07-19-2008, 05:08 AM   #1
JMDHSMIAMI
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 X6 Space Grey/Oyster Nevada

Rare X6 Sightings

We know BMW's claim that the X6 is sold out for a year (BMW to Dealer stock ), However I have only seen 2 on the roads of Miami since the introduction.This is one of the flashier car towns where seeing 2-3 Ferraris at the same stop light is not uncommon.
The lack of X6 sightings is strange to me. While Im thrilled that I will not see myself coming and going at every stoplight, I am concerned that the X6 is not selling well..Curious what everyone ( IN THE USA ) thinks of this and does your local dealership have stock and do you think the car is selling.

I am 5 days from picking up the X6 and really looking forward to it.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2008, 07:14 AM   #2
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDHSMIAMI View Post
We know BMW's claim that the X6 is sold out for a year (BMW to Dealer stock ), However I have only seen 2 on the roads of Miami since the introduction.This is one of the flashier car towns where seeing 2-3 Ferraris at the same stop light is not uncommon.
The lack of X6 sightings is strange to me. While Im thrilled that I will not see myself coming and going at every stoplight, I am concerned that the X6 is not selling well..Curious what everyone ( IN THE USA ) thinks of this and does your local dealership have stock and do you think the car is selling.

I am 5 days from picking up the X6 and really looking forward to it.
My dealer has sold out of all they have recieved and most have been pre-sold. I think the reason you have not seen that many is because they are still limited production. My guess is that most dealers have probably not received more than 10-12 since production started. Classic BMW in Dallas is one of highest volume dealers in TX, if not the highest and they have only received 10-12 of them and the dealer I drove the 50i told me they have only delivered 9 X6s.

Could be slowing economy but I thought I read that production was limited the first year in US and was supposed to step up next year.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2008, 04:57 PM   #3
CyberDude
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS

Check out the production of the X6.

BMW Spartanburg , South Carolina
http://www.bmwusafactory.com/

BMW Weekly Production
http://www.bmwusafactory.com/media_c...ly_production/
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2008, 06:04 PM   #4
bmwguy58
Rep
Drives: 2010 650i

I've talked about ordering an X6 to my dealer, I have learned that most of the people in the suburbs are taking every single X6 there is. You can compare the compitition of buying an X6 to when the housing market was good, people are paying $10,000 to $15,000 over the sticker price and production seems to be only getting SLOWER OMFG!
Appreciate 0