E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > I've been flagged and denied - almost solved.

05-13-2008, 08:27 PM   #45
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoB View Post
what i dont get and maybe you bmw guys can enlighten me because im about to be one too....i dont get all this worry about going to the dealer? i've had a G35 for over 3 years and not once did i go back to the dealer for anything. Should I prepare myself for tons of visits to the dealer? lol
If you're G35 is a 2003, you would have brought it to the dealer a few times.

The first MY of vehicles always have kinks that need to be worked out (oil cooler, HPFP, etc.) Most of which have been worked out and you should be fine purchasing a 2008.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 08:27 PM   #46
lm1z
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 GT350

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It's just plain aggravating. I was planning on coming out and letting them know exactly what had been done to the car as well. However, this instance proves that some dealers don't give a shit about honestly.

On a brighter note, your car is one of the sickest on the forums. It is apparent that you have invested tons of time and energy into the creation of your car. Enjoy your car for what it is and if there are any problems down the road you'll deal with them at a later date. As for now, go take a nice drive and maybe burn some rubber in the dealer's lot

Take care.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 08:29 PM   #47
cwn23
Major
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm1z View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It's just plain aggravating. I was planning on coming out and letting them know exactly what had been done to the car as well. However, this instance proves that some dealers don't give a shit about honestly.

On a brighter note, your car is one of the sickest on the forums. It is apparent that you have invested tons of time and energy into the creation of your car. Enjoy your car for what it is and if there are any problems down the road you'll deal with them at a later date. As for now, go take a nice drive and maybe burn some rubber in the dealer's lot

Take care.
He can't take a drive and burn rubber, his fuel pump is defective!!
Thats the reason for this thread!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 08:31 PM   #48
lm1z
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwn23 View Post
He can't take a drive and burn rubber, his fuel pump is defective!!
Thats the reason for this thread!
True. He might have replaced it, though? He hasn't chimed in yet. Hopefully it's not just sitting around. I love the car
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 08:32 PM   #49
MarinoB
Captain
Croatia
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattscott View Post
If you're G35 is a 2003, you would have brought it to the dealer a few times.

The first MY of vehicles always have kinks that need to be worked out (oil cooler, HPFP, etc.) Most of which have been worked out and you should be fine purchasing a 2008.
Yea my G is a 2004. I hope so but most people tell me that I should be prepared to spend more time at the dealer with a bmw. My dad and uncle have X5's and they've had problems.....anyways im not trying to diss the car im getting lol.....just not looking forward to that after having not 1 problem in over 3 years.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 08:32 PM   #50
cycler
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Streetglide and 2011 Dyna

Sorry to hear what happened to you. GL in what ever outcome you get.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #51
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoB View Post
Yea my G is a 2004. I hope so but most people tell me that I should be prepared to spend more time at the dealer with a bmw. My dad and uncle have X5's and they've had problems.....anyways im not trying to diss the car im getting lol.....just not looking forward to that after having not 1 problem in over 3 years.
Yeah, my G went to the dealer twice, once for a fuel tank filler recall, and once due to my aftermarket pulleys I put on it. Besides that, it never gave me any problems. That being said my 335 has been to the dealer 5 times.
2HPFP failures, 2 Steering coulmn lock issues, and one time for minor cosmetic warranty stuff, in the interior.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 08:57 PM   #52
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
I'm sorry to hear this.

I know that a lot of people on here like to sound like holy rollers and give their lectures about warranty fraud and screwing BMW, but I have seen first hand how dealers can blame unrelated mods to deny warranty work so that you have to pay out of pocket for repairs so I feel your pain. Yes, I realize that a correlation between a fuel pump and piggyback is not a far stretch of the imagination, but this has been a documented problem on bone stock cars that BMW has finally recognized so I don't think this should fall into the same category. I hope it all works out in the end for you.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 08:58 PM   #53
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep
Drives: nothing

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah, my G went to the dealer twice, once for a fuel tank filler recall, and once due to my aftermarket pulleys I put on it. Besides that, it never gave me any problems. That being said my 335 has been to the dealer 5 times.
2HPFP failures, 2 Steering coulmn lock issues, and one time for minor cosmetic warranty stuff, in the interior.
lol, i'm the opposite...my '03 g went to the dealer for fuel filler recall, all kinds of squeaks and rattles, that kept coming back, horrible sounding clutch, and a couple of other things....

my e92 hasn't been to the dealer for anything as of yet
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 08:59 PM   #54
MarinoB
Captain
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
price to pay for the ultimate driving machine ....its going to be nicer and faster then my G so atleast it wont be in vain lol
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:00 PM   #55
MarinoB
Captain
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snohman View Post
lol, i'm the opposite...my '03 g went to the dealer for fuel filler recall, all kinds of squeaks and rattles, that kept coming back, horrible sounding clutch, and a couple of other things....

thats what i want to hear lol
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:00 PM   #56
RRGOO7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GTR

dam im getting really heated about taking my car in. Its due for th oil service.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #57
roozie2001
Just some guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 White 335i sedan

i had a 2006 BMW 325i, the only things i ever changed was cupholders cuz they wear out fast and oil change. Actually at 49k i took my car in and said my tranny had a clicking noise. Turns out it was my differential. It was about 4k worth of work. They fixed it and then i decided to trade it right after that. They were real cool. But i dunno. Maybe each dealership is different. Momentum treats me like great here in Houston.
      05-13-2008, 09:06 PM   #58
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRGOO7 View Post
dam im getting really heated about taking my car in. Its due for th oil service.
Go get your update.
      05-13-2008, 09:07 PM   #59
grumpybear
not afraid to call it like I see it
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

To the OP, that sucks and I hope everything works out for you. For anyone else, if you didn't think BMW was serious about this then here's your wake up call.

If they find a non-stock car, they will deny service on it even if it's for a known issue and say the mod is at fault. Once they deny, the burden of proof is on you not them. If your car doesn't look stock when you take it in, be prepared for the worst.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:10 PM   #60
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Just spent 2 hours at Audi of Mission Viejo, discussing the purchase of an Ibis White B7 S4. . . .

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:10 PM   #61
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snohman View Post

See the first MY of almost everycar has defects, my point exactly, I told someone else that the 03 G's had problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRGOO7 View Post
Try and see if they can do the oil change without Progman 29.2
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:13 PM   #62
lm1z
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpybear View Post
To the OP, that sucks and I hope everything works out for you. For anyone else, if you didn't think BMW was serious about this then here's your wake up call.

If they find a non-stock car, they will deny service on it even if it's for a known issue and say the mod is at fault. Once they deny, the burden of proof is on you not them. If your car doesn't look stock when you take it in, be prepared for the worst.
I agree with your point about BMW being "mod serious" but disagree with you saying if they find a car that doesn't look stock to prepare for the worst.

I've had zero engine issues with my car (March '07 build) to date and currently only have the BMS filter installed. For warranty and lease purposes, I uninstalled my SSTT for reasons like this.

When I head to the dealer I'm prepared to leave the BMS filter in. The fact of the matter is that if you have a problem with your car AND if you're modded, they will do anything and everything to link your mods to the malfunction. No problems, no worries. Period.

Boost's situation pisses me off due to the fact that his issue should have been covered by recall.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:13 PM   #63
2007_E93
Captain
Rep
Drives: ?

DAAAAMMMNNN!!! That suck BALLS!

I'm sorry to hear! I think we all knew this day was coming and BMW is doing what it can to put an end to tunes that they may have to cover warranties for. It's unfortunate for the OP that this happened!

I think as far as I'm concerned that ..."THIS MEANS WAR!"

Seriously, BMW SHOULD not be able to get away with this but they probably WILL because none of us have the means to fight it. I'm not one to NORMALLY think that BMW should pay for damage that I caused with my tune but they SHOULD be HONORING their warranty and recall on a KNOWN defective product. However, NOW BMW is not even doing that and PRACTICALLY DARING US/YOU TO FIGHT THIS!! They know we can't fight on "their terms" meaning the courts so I say lets take it to a means that we can fight.....STEALTH.

NO MORE WILL I EVEN SPEAK TO MY SA OR DEALER ABOUT MODS OR BMW PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS. I WILL TRY TO ASSUME AS MANY CLANDESTINE TACTICS TO HIDE EVERYTHING POSSIBLE UNTIL I'M OUT OF WARRANTY.

If BMW had said they would replace the OP's HPFP and said "..hey I gotta flag it and we won't be able to replace turbos or major engine parts under warranty now" but they are willing to honor recalls etc. then I think I could stomach this terrible turn of events. But this is Ridiculous!

Seriously,...THIS IS MY LAST POST ON THIS FORUM WITH THIS NAME.

Disappointing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad026 0:
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:13 PM   #64
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
Should I have taken my procede and intake out and tried to fraud the dealer? Sure, but why. . . . we all know that they can/will find out if it's been tampered with.
You admit it's fraud if you'd take it out and try to hide it to get warranty work, why do you expect to be covered if you leave it in? You handled the situation how everyone with modifications should handle things, admit what you've done and fuck the warranty and I applaud you for that, just deal with it and move on. I don't need to tell you what you already know and don't want to hear. (play=pay)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:14 PM   #65
lm1z
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
Just spent 2 hours at Audi of Mission Viejo, discussing the purchase of an Ibis White B7 S4. . . .
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:18 PM   #66
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

You need to call BMW NA, in this situation where a recall is issued they can not refuse.