XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

04-06-2021, 09:15 PM   #1
YourfirstcarLLC
Rep
Drives: 12 BMW X5 50I

12 X5 50I first problem

I knew it sooner or later but got my 1st issue on my E70 50i 72.5 on the dash 11k on the new engine .. engine hesitated during some spirited driving slow down got some gas since it was on its last gallon or so started the truck back up engine light popped up and coolant fan running full blast *** just took to bmw the other day for an oil change they did tell me I'm due for spark plug removal
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 10:09 PM   #2
Bengineer330
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue 2011 E92 M3

Since it’s just a check engine light and it happened after some spirited driving my guess is it’s no more than a misfire code.

Pull the codes to verify and put the spark plugs on the to-do list.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 11:28 PM   #3
YourfirstcarLLC
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengineer330 View Post
Since it’s just a check engine light and it happened after some spirited driving my guess is it’s no more than a misfire code.

Quote:
Since it's just a check engine light and it happened after some spirited driving my guess is it's no more than a misfire code.

That's funny was at bmw last Friday for an oil change they said I was due
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 01:27 PM   #4
YourfirstcarLLC
Rep

Code scann N63

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourfirstcarLLC View Post
Quote:
Since it's just a check engine light and it happened after some spirited driving my guess is it's no more than a misfire code.

Quote:

That's funny was at bmw last Friday for an oil change they said I was due
Basically turbo line
HPFP
And cylinder misfire 3 and 5
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 09:04 PM   #5
Bengineer330
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue 2011 E92 M3

What kind of spirited driving was it? If you were in the twisties with a pretty low fuel level it could be that the engine was just starved for fuel around some bends and caused the misfire.

The turbo coolant pump might actually be an issue.

I have an engine replaced 50i as well, all the auxiliary components were re-used so I understand your pain. However, if I were in your shoes I'd replace the spark plugs and order a couple of coil packs to keep in case or just replace all of them as well. Then i'd clear the codes and see if anything comes back.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 09:15 PM   #6
YourfirstcarLLC
Rep

Quote:
What kind of spirited driving was it? If you were in the twisties with a pretty low fuel level it could be that the engine was just starved for fuel around some bends and caused the misfire.

I have an engine replaced 50i as well, all the auxiliary components were re-used so I understand your pain. However, if I were in your shoes I'd replace the spark plugs and order a couple of coil packs to keep in case or just replace all of them as well. Then i'd clear the codes and see if anything comes back.
Quote:

I was actually doing about 80 then it started buckle I know that feeling so I got some gas then i started her back up she spurted and spit out an engine light engine light isn't flashing yea I'm Defintely going to go for that . Cleared the codes earlier when my friend ran in with his scanner haven't moved it since.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 09:17 PM   #7
YourfirstcarLLC
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourfirstcarLLC View Post
Quote:

Quote:

I was actually doing about 80 then it started buckle I know that feeling so I got some gas then i started her back up she spurted and spit out an engine light engine light isn't flashing yea I'm Defintely going to go for that . Cleared the codes earlier when my friend ran in with his scanner haven't moved it since.
Little invoice[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 01:13 PM   #8
Autobacs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X6M

Garage List
You gotta have a certain amount of love for BMW's to put up with these issues.

I've had my 1K WHP GTR for 8 years now and never had a misfire, sparkplug, or any pump issues.

Getting ready to pick up my X5M at 79K from the shop for replacing the turbo coolant pump, expansion tank, and rear air spring. FYI, the sparkplugs are changed every 30K miles.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 10:32 AM   #9
YourfirstcarLLC
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobacs View Post
You gotta have a certain amount of love for BMW's to put up with these issues.

I've had my 1K WHP GTR for 8 years now and never had a misfire, sparkplug, or any pump issues.

Getting ready to pick up my X5M at 79K from the shop for replacing the turbo coolant pump, expansion tank, and rear air spring. FYI, the sparkplugs are changed every 30K miles.
Actually that was from the previous owner lol I'm really an V8 infiniti guy M56 M45 came across this 50I with 71k on the clock in 6/10 condition for 2800 dollars no complaints lol
Appreciate 0