XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
Joe Bertrani
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 M/Package

Overhead lamp removal

Can anyone explain how to remove overhead bulb on a 2013 X5.
Thanks in advance
Joe.B
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
cybervinn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 M

Garage List
2011 BMW X5 M  [9.62]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bertrani View Post
Can anyone explain how to remove overhead bulb on a 2013 X5.
Thanks in advance
Joe.B
If the 2013 X5 interior hasn't changed since 2011 model, you grab the whole lighting panel from the back (closest to you where it meets the headliner) and pull down the whole unit. You can now access the lights from inside unit.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
Joe Bertrani
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybervinn View Post
If the 2013 X5 interior hasn't changed since 2011 model, you grab the whole lighting panel from the back (closest to you where it meets the headliner) and pull down the whole unit. You can now access the lights from inside unit.
Thanks I will try that... When you state closet to headliner are you talking about in front of windshield?

Joe.B
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #4
cybervinn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 M

Garage List
2011 BMW X5 M  [9.62]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bertrani View Post
Thanks I will try that... When you state closet to headliner are you talking about in front of windshield?

Joe.B
I'm sorry, I was incorrect. That was what I meant when I wrote initial reply but I had pictured the unit in my mind in reverse. Upon getting into my vehicle today I realized my mistake. You grab it from the front edge (edge facing windshield) and pull down and towards yourself. The front edge of the unit should flap down (and towards you) and you will gain access to the innards of electronics. Just pull hard enough to get unit off its place and be careful not to separate the wires connected to the vehicle from the unit.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #5
Joe Bertrani
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybervinn View Post
I'm sorry, I was incorrect. That was what I meant when I wrote initial reply but I had pictured the unit in my mind in reverse. Upon getting into my vehicle today I realized my mistake. You grab it from the front edge (edge facing windshield) and pull down and towards yourself. The front edge of the unit should flap down (and towards you) and you will gain access to the innards of electronics. Just pull hard enough to get unit off its place and be careful not to separate the wires connected to the vehicle from the unit.
Thanks, Have you had any luck with Glovebox led? I keep blowing a fuse lol....Guess I'll just leave the original bulb!
Appreciate 0