XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

03-06-2017, 10:38 AM   #1
gleech
Rep
Drives: BMW E46M

All sorts of error

Just want to check if anybody experience what happened to me.

Driving home friday night, the engine died on me, I rolled into the side and tried to restart it. But it just cranks and cranks and no start. I got all sorts of errors on my screen, from transmission error, dsc and xdrive error, servotronic error, chasis stabilization, level control system malfunction and fuel pump. I can hear the fuel pump running and engine cranking but still no start. So I have to call a tow truck to send it back to the dealership. My SA told me might be a weak battery, but I'm not sure about it, they will still do more testing. I've been driving my vehicle since I got it back from the dealership a week ago, they did a major repair on my vehicle removing the engine and replacing the cylinder head.

Hopefully someone can share their experience.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 11:53 AM   #2
bmwx5er
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleech View Post
Just want to check if anybody experience what happened to me.

Driving home friday night, the engine died on me, I rolled into the side and tried to restart it. But it just cranks and cranks and no start. I got all sorts of errors on my screen, from transmission error, dsc and xdrive error, servotronic error, chasis stabilization, level control system malfunction and fuel pump. I can hear the fuel pump running and engine cranking but still no start. So I have to call a tow truck to send it back to the dealership. My SA told me might be a weak battery, but I'm not sure about it, they will still do more testing. I've been driving my vehicle since I got it back from the dealership a week ago, they did a major repair on my vehicle removing the engine and replacing the cylinder head.

Hopefully someone can share their experience.
Multiple errors thrown at the same time could be symptomatic of a battery going bad. I'd start there first.
Appreciate 2
      03-06-2017, 01:51 PM   #3
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwx5er View Post
Multiple errors thrown at the same time could be symptomatic of a battery going bad. I'd start there first.
Yea, this and then you need to see what happened with the battery. I have a suspicion the foot well module that controls the headlights goes bad and causes a vampire drain on the battery. I say this bc I started getting the Adaptive Headlight error and a few days latter I started getting a battery drain error when starting the car.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=807371
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 08:07 AM   #4
gleech
Rep
Drives: BMW E46M

Thanks for sharing guys.

It is the battery. I feel better that it is fixed now but at the same time I'm disappointed, first the dealer had my vehicle for almost a month and I had it back for a week. How come they were not able to diagnose that my battery is getting weak. I dont know if this is just coincidence that after a major repair I got a faulty battery. Anyways, I'm down the hole for $580 for the battery and install which I could do it myself plus the tow charges.
Appreciate 0