XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

05-01-2015, 03:42 PM   #1
Lucabratsi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M

Check your Vacuum Hose!

Hello,
Just thought I would share that my 2013 X6M with 30K had the cracked hose over the turbos defect. Its now springtime in NJ, and I was driving with the windows down. Noticed a whistling sound, not quite the turbo spool, but higher pitched when starting and constant at low throttle. Decided to check my Vacuum hose over the turbos, and oh boy. Cracked almost right in half. I bought a spare after reading the post http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=954887
This is clearly a design flaw. You loose vacuum and power. Does anybody know if there is a fix for this?
I will be bringing it into the dealer for the 30K oil and brake check and ask them for a new hose to have as a spare. I do change the oil every 7500 miles. Don't wait till 15K intervals, that was changed by BMW for all the 2014 models down to 10K.
Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2015, 09:21 AM   #2
Jess///M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6M

Thanks, Luca! I don't think I'd read that thread before. Great info on an easy fix to a potentially big problem!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 10:56 AM   #3
Lucabratsi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M

Hello,
Yes, and after changing the whistle is gone and power is back. Not sure why there is no recall on this part. Clearly a design flaw which affects the power and operation of the vehicle.
Cheers,
Appreciate 0