XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

08-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
provatocj
Rep
Drives: 2009 X6

Chrome Pedal Kit on '13 X5 with M Performance Package?

Just picked up my '13 X5 with M Sport and M Performance packages. Noticed only the dead pedal and the brake are chrome framed. Gas is standard black. Isn't it supposed to be? Anyone with a '13 confirm? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
NRG
Lieutenant Colonel
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by provatocj
Just picked up my '13 X5 with M Sport and M Performance packages. Noticed only the dead pedal and the brake are chrome framed. Gas is standard black. Isn't it supposed to be? Anyone with a '13 confirm? Thanks!
I have 2012 and I did swap the gas and brake pedal for OEM aluminum outlined ones. The gas pedal is a different design like on the 3 and 5 series then the X5 original, but fits like a glove. In your M you have only the dead pedal which is aluminum, others are black plastic like on all other M or non M except for the IS models. 2013 are the same.

Retired: 2005 N52 E90 330i Sport 6AT
Retired: 2007 N54 E92 335i Sport 6AT

Current: 2012 M57 E70 X5 xDrive35D
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #3
x5drivers
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 50i, ZMP & ZMX

provatocj - we picked up our 50i in Spartanburg in late May, it was ordered in w/ both ZMP (M sport pkg) and ZMX (M Perf pkg, new for 2013 and including hp/tq boost, revised exhaust (sounds MUCH different and growly from stock 50i, for those who have asked) and stainless trimmed brake AND throttle pedals.

Hendrick here in CLT did the switch after we got the vehicle home - you should let your dealer know they need to take care of it for you. Swap takes about an hour, including coding the new unit to the car. The part was back-ordered from Germany for about a month or so when we had it done a month or so ago, so our supposition is that a whole batch of cars went out with missing parts due to unavailability. Would have been nice if they'd let the customers know instead of them either figuring it out on their own or never realizing their vehicle's not right. A little disappointment amidst a really enjoyable delivery and ownership experience thus far.

Someone on one of the other forums posted a pic of his ZMX-equipped X5's driver's side footwell and you can clearly see the dead pedal alongside the brake/throttle all trimmed in ss. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #4
NRG
Lieutenant Colonel
Russian Federation
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5drivers
provatocj - we picked up our 50i in Spartanburg in late May, it was ordered in w/ both ZMP (M sport pkg) and ZMX (M Perf pkg, new for 2013 and including hp/tq boost, revised exhaust (sounds MUCH different and growly from stock 50i, for those who have asked) and stainless trimmed brake AND throttle pedals.

Hendrick here in CLT did the switch after we got the vehicle home - you should let your dealer know they need to take care of it for you. Swap takes about an hour, including coding the new unit to the car. The part was back-ordered from Germany for about a month or so when we had it done a month or so ago, so our supposition is that a whole batch of cars went out with missing parts due to unavailability. Would have been nice if they'd let the customers know instead of them either figuring it out on their own or never realizing their vehicle's not right. A little disappointment amidst a really enjoyable delivery and ownership experience thus far.

Someone on one of the other forums posted a pic of his ZMX-equipped X5's driver's side footwell and you can clearly see the dead pedal alongside the brake/throttle all trimmed in ss. Hope this helps.
No coding required. I swapped it myself. As well as on my previous bimmers.

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 08:08 AM   #5
Poleposition
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
United_States
Rep
Drives: very well

Mine was added by dealer after delivery. NRG, this is new for 2013 models equipped with M performance pkg.
2024 i4 M50 on order

IG @purpleM5Comp_NY
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #6
NRG
Lieutenant Colonel
Russian Federation
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poleposition
Mine was added by dealer after delivery. NRG, this is new for 2013 models equipped with M performance pkg.
I understood, still you can swap it in your garage without any coding.

Here is my picture thread you can see the pedals on some pics. http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=634798

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #7
ND40oz
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

I'm getting the stainless accl pedal installed next week after 2 months of waiting.

Still trying to get the black chrome exhaust tips fixed, so far they suggest sawing off the existing chrome ones and clamping on the ones from the performance exhaust without actually installing the full performance exhaust. I asked them how they're supposed to be installed at the factory, it doesn't make sense they bolt up the exhaust, then saw off the tips and clamp on new ones. Still waiting on BMW NA to get back to me.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #8
giants84
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 x6 5.0

I don't think there is a performance exhaust in the package, it's just black tips.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #9
ND40oz
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by giants84 View Post
I don't think there is a performance exhaust in the package, it's just black tips.
Exactly, so why don't they have a black tipped exhaust for the vehicle? They can't possible take the standard exhaust, hack off the tips and clamp on the performance exhaust ones at the factory for every ZMX packaged 35i. The 50i has two different part numbers for the exhaust for the ZMP and ZMX packages, the 35i only has one part number, it doesn't make any sense.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #10
provatocj
Rep
Drives: 2009 X6

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5drivers View Post

Thanks guys! The dealer has ordered the pedal set for me! Who knows how long it will take to get it in, but at least they acknowledged the issue and are working to resolve it.
Appreciate 0