XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

10-07-2008, 09:49 PM   #1
Christiaan
Rep
Drives: Benz E AMG, X5 2008 4.8i Loade

Smile $53,000+tax budget!!!!

Hi guys, i have a $53,000+tax budget, would like to purchase the X6.. Do you guys think ill make it? I dont mind if it does not have any options, and probably better if its used....
Any thoughts?
Thanx for your time
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 11:23 PM   #2
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiaan View Post
Hi guys, i have a $53,000+tax budget, would like to purchase the X6.. Do you guys think ill make it? I dont mind if it does not have any options, and probably better if its used....
Any thoughts?
Thanx for your time
Fresh out of used...car just came out in Mar-Apr of 08.I even tried to talk a dealership into selling one of their original demo cars they got at launch....as used.Won't play ball....they would rather keep it as the Dealership shuttle car vs selling to me at a reduced price.Supply is so tight.....just not going to make a deal on an X6 right now.MSRP on the base 35i X6 is $53,325.Like most bimmers,dealers order cars loaded w/ option packages.You might ck the internet sales depts at several dealers and see if they have any production slots available.You'll be cutting it very close w/ your $53,000 budget.True "used" X6's won't start showing up until at least another 12-18 months.And that is assuming BMW leased a fair amount of X6's.Hope this helps.Thanks! PalBay
      10-08-2008, 12:29 PM   #3
billysims
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Palbay is right; the ones coming in are loaded and $65k+.

I ordered mine built with only running boards as an option. To me, the car is fine with no options, but that's just me.....

I had a hook-up and could only get $900 off the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2008, 09:15 PM   #4
Christiaan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysims View Post

I ordered mine built with only running boards as an option. To me, the car is fine with no options, but that's just me.....

Hey billy, if you dont mind, thats exactly what i would like to put on the car... only that..

could you tell me how much you spend? Send me a IM...!

thanx
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 02:45 AM   #5
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Quote:

intersting...mine is almost fully loaded.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 06:36 AM   #6
billysims
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
intersting...mine is almost fully loaded.
To each his own, bro...
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 06:42 AM   #7
billysims
Private
Rep

Quote:
Hey billy, if you dont mind, thats exactly what i would like to put on the car... only that..

could you tell me how much you spend? Send me a IM...!

thanx
No need for a PM, not a big deal:
$53,325 w/ destination
+$300 running boards
$53,625
-$900 (thank you, hook-up)

$52,725 total (less trade TBD, + 7% tax)

Mine was an 08 and the price went up for 09 (not sure by how much but there is a thread somewhere on the site that has the 09 pricing).

Should arrive next week.

Good luck with yours....
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 07:29 AM   #8
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
To each his own, bro...
apsolutely..however,the only thing that i will recommend to everyone is seat heating..that thing is gorgeus.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 08:07 AM   #9
shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
$53,325 w/ destination
+$300 running boards
$53,625

Mine was an 08 and the price went up for 09 (not sure by how much but there is a thread somewhere on the site that has the 09 pricing).

Should arrive next week.

Good luck with yours....
Christiaan,

I believe price went up +/- $3000 for '09 so you will probably not be able to get an X6 base with no options for $53k + tax. Will be closer to $56k + tax if you can get a slight reduction of price. I negotiated $1500 off my X6 50i and I was the first one at my dealer to get one and they have only delivered 2 of them so far.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 11:23 AM   #10
Christiaan
Rep

Smile

Quote:
$53,325 w/ destination
+$300 running boards
$53,625

Should arrive next week.

Good luck with yours....
Could you give me the name of your dealer? i want to call them up so that they can give me MSRP...!

thank you.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 06:14 AM   #11
billysims
Private
Rep

Quote:
Could you give me the name of your dealer? i want to call them up so that they can give me MSRP...!

thank you.
Are you in the NYC area? If so, that I will PM you. I ordered mine end of June, so things may have changed since then; probably not selling @ sticker.

Now that I think about it, I probably did get more of a price break than it appears, since the Sales Manager did mention that the cars were being sold above sticker. Who knows what's true???
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 06:21 AM   #12
billysims
Private
Rep

Quote:
apsolutely..however,the only thing that i will recommend to everyone is seat heating..that thing is gorgeus.
Funny you say that, my salesman was almost insistent that I order that option. I was curious as to why; he kept talking about resale value, which I am not focused on right now (I plan on having the car for 8 years or more, like my current X5). I figure it's more of a luxury; we had that on a Volvo X70 we had when we lived in Europe. My wife seemed to like it but I never really drove the car much, so for me it was kinda "meh"...

But, I always try to eliminate the things that can go wrong and would be pricey to fix unless they are necessities. And, to me anyway, having my ass warmed is not a requirement.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #13
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Funny you say that, my salesman was almost insistent that I order that option. I was curious as to why; he kept talking about resale value, which I am not focused on right now (I plan on having the car for 8 years or more, like my current X5). I figure it's more of a luxury; we had that on a Volvo X70 we had when we lived in Europe. My wife seemed to like it but I never really drove the car much, so for me it was kinda "meh"...

But, I always try to eliminate the things that can go wrong and would be pricey to fix unless they are necessities. And, to me anyway, having my ass warmed is not a requirement.
Ha ha...cool....well,you can always relay on your farts! Good luck,but i am sure that you will remember your salesman when you sit on cold seat,but now i am thinking..you dont have leather seats..so that is not a big problem...in the end your way of thinking maybe make sense.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #14
billysims
Private
Rep

Quote:
Ha ha...cool....well,you can always relay on your farts! Good luck,but i am sure that you will remember your salesman when you sit on cold seat,but now i am thinking..you dont have leather seats..so that is not a big problem...in the end your way of thinking maybe make sense.
Whatever. Seats are leather, bro....
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 01:17 PM   #15
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep

Quote:
Whatever. Seats are leather, bro....
in that case ,good luck!