XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

01-26-2017, 10:29 AM   #1
SyL3nTFoRcE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Anybody with a muffler mods on X5 35i

Ive been looking lately for a muffler mod either muffler delete or to buy a muffler like megan racing but have not heard many sound clips of a x5 35i only the v8s and i feel like they sound very different.

Any videos would help alot.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 06:11 PM   #2
F06msportmia
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyL3nTFoRcE View Post
Ive been looking lately for a muffler mod either muffler delete or to buy a muffler like megan racing but have not heard many sound clips of a x5 35i only the v8s and i feel like they sound very different.

All I can say is DO NOT do a muffler delete. I did one and with one 24 hrs I had it reversed.

I would recommend either a complete exhaust aftermarket setup, if you got the $$$$$!

Or FREE! mine was free as I did it myself is the golf tee mod on the right hand side of the exhaust which leaves the flap open all the time. It's sounds sweet, you hear the gargles and pops. If you look on the forum you will find a DIY. It's 5 min job and you will love it.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2017, 07:11 PM   #3
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by e70msportmia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyL3nTFoRcE View Post

All I can say is DO NOT do a muffler delete. I did one and with one 24 hrs I had it reversed.

I would recommend either a complete exhaust aftermarket setup, if you got the $$$$$!

Or FREE! mine was free as I did it myself is the golf tee mod on the right hand side of the exhaust which leaves the flap open all the time. It's sounds sweet, you hear the gargles and pops. If you look on the forum you will find a DIY. It's 5 min job and you will love it.
I've been thinking of getting the BMW performance exhaust, I ABSOLUTLY loved the way the 135is I had sounded, it was a dual clutch and hearing it blip away was great!

Not sure how it sounds on the X5 however, anybody ever heard the performance exhaust from BMW for the X5?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 04:22 PM   #4
E70'11
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: || E70 35i | R32 GTR ||

As mentioned above do NOT do a muffler delete, worse decision I made on my E90 which was reversed ASAP as well. Either do a custom exhaust fab, or see if there's any other aftermarket exhaust systems that you find worth your hard earned cash

2010 E90 335i 1M FBO MHD Tune (SOLD)
2009 E92 335i FBO JB4 G5 ISO (SOLD)
Appreciate 0