XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

04-20-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
Alekshop
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 l E46 M3 l GT4 l 991 RS

✪ Alekshop | BMW Euro Sun Visors - X6M - Available Now

BMW OEM European Black (Antharzit) Sun Visors set without "Airbag Warning" stickers for X6M and X5M Available Now.

US Visor

Euro Visor

Side by Side

BMW OEM European Black (Antharzit) Sun Visors set without "Airbag Warning" stickers for X6M and X5M Available Now.

US Visor

Euro Visor

Side by Side

Please feel free to contact us for more information.
Aleks

✆ 925.609.4559
info@alekshop.com
@ www.alekshop.com
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #2
TheJackal
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 335xi

The sticker came right off my 335's visors with a little goof off.
      04-23-2011, 01:58 AM   #3
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6M Monte Carlo Blue

I just ordered a pair. I really disliked the stock plastic ones. Every time I touched them I wondered why they were plastic? They did not go with the interior at all, especially because I have the full leather package. The only thing better now would be an alcantara suede headliner and that would be a very expensive upgrade.

This was one of those things we get stuck with because somebody wants to pass a law to appease themselves.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #4
tonypap
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X6 5.0 w/ESS Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJackal View Post
The sticker came right off my 335's visors with a little goof off.
I didn't think it was a sticker. Looks/feels almost to be screen printed, in which case it will not come off.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #5
tonypap
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Will these fit the 2012 X6?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 08:06 PM   #6
TheJackal
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonypap View Post
I didn't think it was a sticker. Looks/feels almost to be screen printed, in which case it will not come off.
I hate bumping this guys thread but you are wrong. I know it's not a 'sticker' but what would you call it? A 'screen printed warning notice'? It will come off just fine.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=visor+warning

If you plan to order this new part, then what do you have to lose by trying this? A few buck for some goof off or some rubbing alcohol that you can buy at your local grocery store?
      04-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #7
tonypap
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJackal View Post
I hate bumping this guys thread but you are wrong. I know it's not a 'sticker' but what would you call it? A 'screen printed warning notice'? It will come off just fine.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=visor+warning

If you plan to order this new part, then what do you have to lose by trying this? A few buck for some goof off or some rubbing alcohol that you can buy at your local grocery store?
I can confirm that the removal process is NOT anywhere near as easy as the quoted thread and in the end you will want to purchase a new visor because the original will stink of goof off and be stained. Definitely not worth the time involved or the $2 for the goof off. I don't recommend attempting it.

/threadjack

Last edited by tonypap; 04-30-2011 at 05:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2011, 01:51 AM   #8
LANDLORD
Turbo Engines are Fun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6M Monte Carlo Blue

The reason to change is to replace plastic materials with a fabric that matches the headliner, and to not have the glaring label with a bright yellow color in your eye sight.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 08:45 PM   #9
dreamalaska
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 3.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANDLORD
I just ordered a pair. I really disliked the stock plastic ones. Every time I touched them I wondered why they were plastic? They did not go with the interior at all, especially because I have the full leather package. The only thing better now would be an alcantara suede headliner and that would be a very expensive upgrade.

This was one of those things we get stuck with because somebody wants to pass a law to appease themselves.
Landlord, do these extend? Are they direct drop-in replacements? I've been trying to get a hold of Alekshop to no avail - are they still in business?
Appreciate 0