XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-24-2015, 08:35 PM   #1
gc9538
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 5.0

Tire Pressure Monitoring Malfunction

2012 X5 has intermitten "tire pressure system malfunction" alert pop up. Have had to two dealers and both pointed to wheel sensors. My challenge is if I have the screen up that shows the four wheels being monitored, all four are green until the malfunction. Then all four go grey on the screen. If a wheel or multiple wheels what are the chances more than one is faulty at the same time. Seems more global than local and my guess is it is at the monitoring level than a sensor or multiple failures. Any one else have same or similare?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 01:22 PM   #2
Lucabratsi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M

Hello,

Same intermittent problem with my 2013 X6M. It may be that the pressure gets too high, and out of range. Don't know. Dealer couldn't find anything wrong. After a while, it goes away.

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 06:30 PM   #3
fortysix2seventyone
Rep
Drives: 330i, X6M (sold), 550i

Garage List
I was having this malfunction when I got my X6M a couple months ago. Turned out to be a wheel speed sensor; which is what monitors the sensors in the wheels. They replaced that and I have had the malfunction since.
Appreciate 0