XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

02-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #1
Ridiculous
isn't it?
United_States
Rep
Drives: tiag 2011 X6 5.0

Activating Rear Fog Lights on E70/E71

Since owning an e92 and speaking to some of my e9x friends about the easy and free rear fog light mod on their cars, I spent some time googling around to see if this was an option for our cars. I really wanted my X6 to have rear fogs to thwart tailgaters mostly on the highway.

I dug around for awhile and finally found an ancient cached thread on another forum, that looked like it hadn't been viewed in years. I've looked around on this board too, and it doesn't seem like many enthusiasts have done this mod on their E70/E71s. I'm thinking about trying it myself. One big upside to doing the mod is that it requires NO CODING.

You can find the European light switch module here, just make sure you select the options that apply to your vehicle: http://euroactiveparts.com/bmw-oem-e...ontrol-switch/

I wanted to share the PDF with everyone here, so I uploaded it to my public dropbox for everyone to download. If anyone decides to do this mod before I pull the trigger, please post results and pictures. Thanks!

Link to DIY:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/883222/5258...ogs-e70-x5.pdf
Appreciate 0