XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

09-27-2019, 05:41 AM   #1
SergeyB
Rep
Drives: X5 2011

Car vibrations at low speed ~7 km/h when half throttle

Hi guys. I have E70 40d with 143k kilometers. I do not remember exactly when but may be around half year ago I started to feel strange vibrations only at low speed when I release gas pedal at all or half throttle. The speed is around 7 km/h. I had general vibrations at idle where driving wheel and doors were shaking and so I replaced engine mounts. After this the vibrations at idle are really small at driving wheel and almost nothing at doors, engine noise much less noticable. Unfortunately this strange vibration spot at low speed at half throttle did not go away, it is much less noticeable than before but I can feel the seats vibrating like if there is some resonance. I mostly drive in the city in the recent year and short distances. Now I added some diesel additive, took a car to highway in hope to clean fuel system, need to run through full tank so no results yet. I plan to change gas station (bad fuel??) and next thing I want to replace is transmission mount. Before going to official dealer I would like to hear any ideas on what might be the cause. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 11:41 PM   #2
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

do you hear any noise from drivershaft? it can be mounts, and since its diesel faulty engine can shake the car also.. but i were you i d wait till it gets worst to examine easier..
      09-28-2019, 01:07 AM   #3
SergeyB
Rep

Thank you for reply. I do not here any noise. Only vibration under this specific condition of low speed (around 7 km/h for example around 14 km/h no problem) and half throttle. My engine does not burn oil, treated every 10k kilometers, on idle I do not feel any excess vibrations after replacing engine mounts (assume not like brand new car but stil nothing that can drag attention). I also had problems with front control arms and it took me a number ot months until I replaced on the same day front control arms and engine mounts, so from time to time I was getting a hit from holes on road ((( hope this did not cause severe damage.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2019, 12:43 AM   #4
SergeyB
Rep

Anybody?((((
Appreciate 0