XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-04-2016, 10:12 AM   #23
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Don't think it will be indicated on the W2. My employer just sent an email saying that we were getting a Form 1095C as proof that we were insured in 2015. That form was supposed to be included as proof with your tax filing. BUT, the IRS just said the Form 1095C won't be required with our 2015 tax filing. Not sure if that gives the OP an out for the 2015 tax year...

Yeah I just got a letter about the 1095C form my current employer and they said they have until March 31 to get the completed form to me. It have a place with each persons name in my house hold and each month they were covered by insurance by the company. They also said they W2 is required since it shows the cost of your insurance you paid and your company paid on your behalf.

It said if you did not have full year coverage for the year then there is another form which needs to be include in your return. It looks like I may get screwed here since I have 30 days without coverage last year during the change in employment. I know the prior years they only asked the question on the 1040 if you had coverage, it was not this specific about time periods.

The other note is that if you file your taxes prior to get the form from your current employer you will not be required to amend your tax return for 2015.

Based this I would file your taxes immediately before the forms come out.
Appreciate 0