XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-05-2009, 01:46 AM   #1
fleurlow
Registered
Rep
Drives: mw x6

dont buy one without.......

Adaptive drive !

Here in the UK the raods are getting worse and comfort is needed more than cornering ability. Before I bought mine, i test drove both and the difference is day and night. The one without crashes over bumps and throws you left and right when travelling on minor roads. The adaptive drive is a magic carpet in comparison even though I have 21" wheels on.

Also I do not know what all of the fuss is about the deisel versions. The diesel is still noisy and you will not get the acclaimed mpg bmw state , it feels rough in comparison the the petrol 35i. The 35i is also very quick once you get it around 3000revs , hence i went for the petrol, I get around 25mpg which is not much different to the diesel i test drove.

Couple of other musts.....

Comfort seats , not only does the back section curl inwards to supoort your neck and shoulders, the 2 side outer suports curl in and grab your back nicely.

Voice control, not a lot of money for something which is very clever.

Logic 7 sound , zztop full on !

Also, i cannot understand why the x6 standard trim is without the matt alluminium side window trims. All of the BMW sale literature shows it with it on and the car looks far better . It takes the eye away from how long the car is and gives it a more compact look. Mine is black with the matt allunmiuim trims
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 02:16 AM   #2
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

i like you comment...adaptive drive is must have!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 07:43 AM   #3
TomasCro
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

its funny my dad orederd x6 behind my back for a suprise , and dude got almost everything, adaptive drive,active steering,comfort seats etc etc... but the single to me most importand thing he didnt order a freakin navigation!!!!! i think the car from inside looks more attractive and nice with a bigger screen i still have my fingers crossed in hopes they make a mistake in factory and put navigation lol
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomasCro View Post
its funny my dad orederd x6 behind my back for a suprise , and dude got almost everything, adaptive drive,active steering,comfort seats etc etc... but the single to me most importand thing he didnt order a freakin navigation!!!!! i think the car from inside looks more attractive and nice with a bigger screen i still have my fingers crossed in hopes they make a mistake in factory and put navigation lol

So far the only mistakes they seem to make at the factory is to install the incorrect battery

Last edited by dmlgc; 11-06-2009 at 11:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 10:04 PM   #5
Low Note
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 X3/2010 X6 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurlow View Post
Adaptive drive !

Here in the UK the raods are getting worse and comfort is needed more than cornering ability. Before I bought mine, i test drove both and the difference is day and night. The one without crashes over bumps and throws you left and right when travelling on minor roads. The adaptive drive is a magic carpet in comparison even though I have 21" wheels on.

Also I do not know what all of the fuss is about the deisel versions. The diesel is still noisy and you will not get the acclaimed mpg bmw state , it feels rough in comparison the the petrol 35i. The 35i is also very quick once you get it around 3000revs , hence i went for the petrol, I get around 25mpg which is not much different to the diesel i test drove.

Couple of other musts.....

Comfort seats , not only does the back section curl inwards to supoort your neck and shoulders, the 2 side outer suports curl in and grab your back nicely.

Voice control, not a lot of money for something which is very clever.

Logic 7 sound , zztop full on !

Also, i cannot understand why the x6 standard trim is without the matt alluminium side window trims. All of the BMW sale literature shows it with it on and the car looks far better . It takes the eye away from how long the car is and gives it a more compact look. Mine is black with the matt allunmiuim trims
I agree on all of your points. I took delivery of a 2010 X6 5.0 a week ago with all options except for additional power option. Did not get the 20" performance wheels and tires because of the bad roads in the Washington DC metro area and because I drive up north into snow country every winter where performance tires simply do not work well. The sport package with adaptive drive is amazing, as are the ventilated comfort seats, heads up display (really worth the money), active steering (amazing...makes a huge difference in handling at all speeds) and the Harman Kardon Logic 7 premium sound system upgrade (which has been improved in the 2010 model over the 2009). I have owned several BMW's and Mercedes, and this X6 is the best built so far. People say that American workers can't build quality vehicles; they are wrong.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 12:57 AM   #6
archwerks
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: x6 3.5i VR

New RFTs Improved Ride.

Apparently the new generation of run flat tires will give x6's better ride.
Can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 11:33 AM   #7
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by archwerks View Post
Apparently the new generation of run flat tires will give x6's better ride.
Can't wait!
So are they out or is this just in an article ? if article could you post the link I would be interested in reading.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 08:02 AM   #8
Thumbs
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 X5 3.0 5-spd, '10 X6 i35,

I completely agree about getting the Adaptive Drive- well worth it. And for just a few hundred (or a thousand) dollars more you get the Sport seats, etc. of the Sport Package. The Sport seats are fantastic.

Regarding the "new" run-flats- Our 1/2010 build has Bridgestone Dueler H/L 400 255/50/19's on it. The ride is great but I don't know if those are the "new" tires.

If I were ordering it again, I would add the soft-close doors. Just a personal thing.

What a fantastic car!
Appreciate 0