XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-12-2008, 05:24 PM   #1
cheaptrick
cheap
Rep
Drives: 335CIC & 35i X6

x5 -v8 vs x6- v6

Just a few observations on the difference between the 2 as I had considered an x5 prior to ordering an x6. X5 seems to ride lower than x6, I know the x6 height is lower overall, but car seems to be up higher, I seem to have a harder time getting into my x6 and need to get up to the seat. I'm 5'10". Could be the seating position in the x6 they may have repostioned it. I MISS the overhead door handles from the x5, the x6 needs them-a lot! X6 is Certainly more car-like, but I can see out of the x5 better sitting up higher and the view out the back is better, but still not great.
Handling is not even close-base x6 is light years ahead of x5 and when I hit the sport button-forget about it!
Engine-like the sound and low end torque of v8, but x6 is just as fast once you hit 30. I guess the numbers are the same 0-60 and quarter, but x6 feels faster as you continue to accelerate, could be once the turbos get moving so does the x6. Looks- x6 hands down for me, but x5 is a good looking SUV. conclusion glad I got the x6 just wished for a few small changes-like the back seat! Cheap
      09-12-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
dmlgc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X6MC - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheaptrick View Post
Just a few observations on the difference between the 2 as I had considered an x5 prior to ordering an x6. X5 seems to ride lower than x6, I know the x6 height is lower overall, but car seems to be up higher, I seem to have a harder time getting into my x6 and need to get up to the seat. I'm 5'10". Could be the seating position in the x6 they may have repostioned it. I MISS the overhead door handles from the x5, the x6 needs them-a lot! X6 is Certainly more car-like, but I can see out of the x5 better sitting up higher and the view out the back is better, but still not great.
Handling is not even close-base x6 is light years ahead of x5 and when I hit the sport button-forget about it!
Engine-like the sound and low end torque of v8, but x6 is just as fast once you hit 30. I guess the numbers are the same 0-60 and quarter, but x6 feels faster as you continue to accelerate, could be once the turbos get moving so does the x6. Looks- x6 hands down for me, but x5 is a good looking SUV. conclusion glad I got the x6 just wished for a few small changes-like the back seat! Cheap

Cheap,
I had an X5 before getting the X6 and you are correct the X5 was easier to get into. I think the seat was higher, I know with the X5 I just sort of turned backwards put my butt down on the seat then turned in. The X6 does require more effort to get into and I agree why no overhead door handles.
As far as view out the back never really used it that much in my X5 always used the mirrors.

I love my X6 but wish it had the handles.
Appreciate 0