XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-12-2008, 01:44 PM   #23
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie's Dad View Post
It is the '09 ML550 with AMG body kit, exactly what I... ahem ... just ordered. Try as I might I can't find justification in my mind (or wallet) for paying another $15K or so for the X6 50i I had my heart set on, when the ML rides nicer, is only half a second slower to 60, has outstanding (but not X6-level) roadholding with its new-for-09 adjustable suspension, and has, IMHO, killer good looks. I guess if I spent all day every day carving the twisty canyon roads, I might still opt for the BMW, but I'm really not planning to take it to the Nurburgring, so ultimate roadholding is just a nice-to-have.

But don't lose your desire for an X6. I don't want to see the same ML every place I go...
To you for choosing the MB over the X6 for the reasons of costing verse performance/ differences, we must all have just what "WE" like.

I want the X6; ( Mine arrives Monday) and as I mensioned before the Mercs are real poor quality here, and are very close on price speced up to the X6. The Merc's looks do nothing for me i'm afraid, big box.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2008, 04:26 PM   #24
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
To you for choosing the MB over the X6 for the reasons of costing verse performance/ differences, we must all have just what "WE" like.

I want the X6; ( Mine arrives Monday) and as I mensioned before the Mercs are real poor quality here, and are very close on price speced up to the X6. The Merc's looks do nothing for me i'm afraid, big box.
Good on you! I was raised in Newbury; if I had here in Canada the twisty little English roads I learned to drive on, the X6 would likely still be my choice. But I would croak every time I filled up a 50i...
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #25
Palbay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie's Dad View Post
Good on you! I was raised in Newbury; if I had here in Canada the twisty little English roads I learned to drive on, the X6 would likely still be my choice. But I would croak every time I filled up a 50i...
Congrats on your new ML 550!!!!!Very nice ride and put together in my home State of Alabama.Buying these expensive cars is never an easy decision.In the end you gotta go w/ what works best for you.Your the one logging the miles and pulling up to drop that liquid gold in the tank.Stay in touch on this forum...I've always respected and enjoyed your comments and thoughts on the world of motoring.Hope to see that "eye" pop up from time to time on this forum.Good luck w/ your new MB!!!! Thanks! PalBay
      09-12-2008, 05:10 PM   #26
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palbay View Post
Congrats on your new ML 550!!!!!Very nice ride and put together in my home State of Alabama.Buying these expensive cars is never an easy decision.In the end you gotta go w/ what works best for you.Your the one logging the miles and pulling up to drop that liquid gold in the tank.Stay in touch on this forum...I've always respected and enjoyed your comments and thoughts on the world of motoring.Hope to see that "eye" pop up from time to time on this forum.Good luck w/ your new MB!!!! Thanks! PalBay
Classy comments as always Palbay.

I'll be sticking around. I enjoy this board and the ML doesn't arrive until Christmas or so.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2008, 05:20 PM   #27
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

Congrats,again...send us some pics,when MB arrive.
Appreciate 0