XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-24-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
chrisnyc
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw x5 50i

dealerships to be avoided - BMW of NYC

I was thinking that i haven't seen a thread like that for a while; I guess we should/could compile a list of dealerships that are definitely lowering down the quality of service;
perhaps if the source of revenue [from maintenance/repairs/sales] decreases for such dealers, they may focus more on the customers;

I'd start with the
BMW of Manhattan - been there 2 times and twice it was a huge NO NO;

yesterday i picked up my car from the oil "refill" [which by the way took two days because despite having an appointment the car did not make it into the lift within the first 28 hours....] ;
to make matters worse my car had a bunch of huge scratches on the left rear quarter..
the rude service manager for an hour and a half argued that the car came like that; when asked to show me the walk-thru report [the initial report where you sign to acknowledged damages at the time of drop off] they told me that it could not be found...

anyway, just felt like wenting here so now my formerly-scratch-less car will end up in a body shop next week
      05-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #2
brian5
Shoot for the moon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 X5 4.8i

On many forums, over the years, BMW of Manhattan always seems to come out as the worst...
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
theonesupreme
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

I have problem with..life of quality BK..... my car had recall on fuel level sensor, they broke something on my car, the service manager said he will order the replacement for fixing it but i never heard from them even i call them to make sure.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #4
chrisnyc
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonesupreme View Post
I have problem with..life of quality BK..... my car had recall on fuel level sensor, they broke something on my car, the service manager said he will order the replacement for fixing it but i never heard from them even i call them to make sure.
yeah , I fell you, especially in the tristate area it is hard to find a decent service/dealer; most of the places are sweatshops, getting the quantity and being able to stick to the promised conditions;
the GM of service told me after my car was scratched that they get 800 cars each day...
      05-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #5
Brian425
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

I live in Brooklyn and work in the city. I go out to Circle BMW in Eatontown, NJ. I have been happy with their service everytime. It is a haul; but, they give me a loaner everytime and I have had no issues. They are also a Dinan dealer, so they did my tune.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
chrisnyc
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian425 View Post
I live in Brooklyn and work in the city. I go out to Circle BMW in Eatontown, NJ. I have been happy with their service everytime. It is a haul; but, they give me a loaner everytime and I have had no issues. They are also a Dinan dealer, so they did my tune.

Brian425,
thanks a lot for a feedback man; i know that circle does the top notch job.. huh I'm already willing to sacrifice one of my Saturdays to avoid getting my car damaged at the nyc dealership..
      05-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

They have a thread like this for the 3-series guys. And yes, BMW of Manhattan gets horrible reviews.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #8
chrisnyc
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
They have a thread like this for the 3-series guys. And yes, BMW of Manhattan gets horrible reviews.
as a customers ; isn't there something we could collectively do?
or contacting bmw NA is the only alternative?:P

the shitty dealerships should be eliminated or left stranded without customers/source of revenue..
lol
      05-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #9
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnyc View Post

the shitty dealerships should be eliminated or left stranded without customers/source of revenue..
lol
Sure: not go to the dealership and give them terrible ratings. But I read that one guy got blacklisted from the dealership because he gave the dealership a bad review and he contacted BMW NA. But still, who cares: not like you'll go back.

Do you have pics of the scratches on the car?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #10
chrisnyc
Private
United_States
Rep

Lol i was in the middle of posting the pics and just got the phonecall from bmw of nyc from my service agent, who was telling me yesterday for an hour and 15 minutes that scratch was there before, and conversation started like that:
" it doesn't matter if the scratch was there or not, we will take care of you, just fill out survey right"
I asked for report and he told me still could not be located rotfl
      05-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #11
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Lol i was in the middle of posting the pics and just got the phonecall from bmw of nyc from my service agent, who was telling me yesterday for an hour and 15 minutes that scratch was there before, and conversation started like that:
" it doesn't matter if the scratch was there or not, we will take care of you, just fill out survey right"
I asked for report and he told me still could not be located rotfl
Make sure they fix the scratch FIRST (and to your satisfaction) before filling out the survey!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 08:55 AM   #12
chrisnyc
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sure: not go to the dealership and give them terrible ratings. But I read that one guy got blacklisted from the dealership because he gave the dealership a bad review and he contacted BMW NA. But still, who cares: not like you'll go back.

Do you have pics of the scratches on the car?
P1et,

here are the scratches.. ;(
Attached Images

05-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #13
Joe Bertrani
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 M/Package

What about Pace BMW?

Joe.Bertrani
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #14
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
P1et,

here are the scratches.. ;(
Mate, that is horrible. They will have to respray that entire bumper. You cannot just "touch that up"...
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #15
chrisnyc
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Mate, that is horrible. They will have to respray that entire bumper. You cannot just "touch that up"...
yeah and now if u add to the case that original issue remains [oil level still goes down, even thou they have replaced cracked tub by crankcase cover] ..

i hope they do a good job; no survey for now; I just left my car there for 3 days [no loaner thou]...
      05-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #16
chrisnyc
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bertrani View Post
What about Pace BMW?

Joe.Bertrani
it is on my to be considered list; since the initial issue remains , i have to take it either to park ave [home dealer] or circle or pace..
      05-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #17
Joe Bertrani
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 M/Package

Quote:
it is on my to be considered list; since the initial issue remains , i have to take it either to park ave [home dealer] or circle or pace..
I purchased a 2013 X5 M package from Pace last sat, It was very smooth only problem it was pouring out lol......Yet to visit service dept.
GoodLuck

Joe.B
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #18
alextclam
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 40i

The front vents on my car stopped working the other day. I called Life Quality since they are closer to me. I brought my car in for service before (brake fluid flush, change air filter) and the guy said in order to give me a loaner I need to establish more business with them haha.

I ended up making an appt with BMW of Manhattan. Although I've only brought my car there for service (oil change) once, they have no problems in providing me a loaner. I got my car from Paul Miller BMW and their service is great. But it's a hike.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #19
ravip99
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 xDrive 50i

Thanks for the info.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #20
Rob NY
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5

I actually have my car there since Tuesday morning, not happy so far but we will see. Should have my car ready by end of the day tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #21
chrisnyc
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob NY
I actually have my car there since Tuesday morning, not happy so far but we will see. Should have my car ready by end of the day tomorrow.
Rob,
Make sure to inspect your car, they have valet service that is clueless driving on the tight spaces..

So finally my car got fixed after 1hr talking to bmw NA lok, the oil leak still occur and now my car had body work...
      05-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #22
dkreidel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a lot of BMW's

Quote:

lol
HaHa - you've got to be kidding!! Guess who owns and operates BMW of Manhattan ? Yep, your "go to" BMW NA

BMW of Manhattan is the one and only corporate owned dealership in the USA