XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > X5 Photo/Video/Audio Gallery

12-29-2017, 02:45 PM   #45
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh.brandon View Post
Well some bad news on the homefront the 12 mm spacers just aren't going to work with my vehicle I'm gonna head to bump it up to 13 or 15 I don't know what the hell the issue is with H&R and BMW not being compatible with these 12 mm spacers but it's turned into a nightmare
pretty strange, I had 12mm and now 15mm H&Rs spacers in the front with no issues
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2017, 03:34 PM   #46
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneca View Post
Quote:
Well some bad news on the homefront the 12 mm spacers just aren't going to work with my vehicle I'm gonna head to bump it up to 13 or 15 I don't know what the hell the issue is with H&R and BMW not being compatible with these 12 mm spacers but it's turned into a nightmare
pretty strange, I had 12mm and now 15mm H&Rs spacers in the front with no issues
Well it is kind of weird it's the front portion of the spacer, it just doesn't have enough depth by about whatever the thickness of the credit card is keeping the rear portion of the spacer from sitting flush on the brake hat. So I'll probably just go up to 13 1/2 or 15 in the front. I think there's a possibility I can get the 12 mm to work with a little bit of modification but I don't really want to go that route I'd like to just buy something that works. And I hope that I'm not going to have to get all new ones because they is some kind of compatibility issue when I swap over to the newer style X5M drilled rotors I just ordered
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2017, 03:35 PM   #47
Gatoferoz25
BeastM3r
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 COMP

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoferoz25 View Post
Quote:
This morning
She's gorgeous nice tan interior
Thanks brother...I really wanted the cinnamon orangish interior but the bamboo silverstone metallic combination works

Cheers
Damn I have cinnamon let's trade than
      12-29-2017, 03:37 PM   #48
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This morning
She's gorgeous nice tan interior
Thanks brother...I really wanted the cinnamon orangish interior but the bamboo silverstone metallic combination works

Cheers
Damn I have cinnamon let's trade than
LOL
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2017, 03:43 PM   #49
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneca View Post
Quote:
I don't know if it's set tolerances that my BMW has on that portion that comes out from the brake hat that the spacer slides over that just is not compatible with the 12mm H&R and is causing the "bottoming out"...I guess it's a problem that mines is just a little bit too long

Said no girl ever
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 01:13 PM   #50
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

Put in a high octane non ethanol blend gas today along with a fuel system treatment product added some engine seal rejuvenate and topped off the engine oil. I was wondering how quickly you other guys eat through motor oil. I've run around 3500-3800 miles and my engine oil level went from about 15/16 full to a little over a 1/4 from the bottom ok line. Eventually I'd like to do some kind of catch can setup for blow by. And here in the next two weeks it's going back in the shop for the drill rotor upgrade/oil/trans/diff change. I went ahead and ordered those bcm filters, I'm going to give them a shot.
Can you guys give me any other advice on maintenance areas I should look at to keep her happy?

Cheers and happy new year
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 05:02 PM   #51
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

New pictures with the oem base support system and new rear tires...I've got to get a new spot other than my neighborhood bar lol and it's 16 degrees
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 07:52 PM   #52
gixxerboy63
Tanzanite Blue II X5M Pilot
Rep
Drives: M3, M4, X3 M40i, X5M

Garage List
2017 m4  [0.00]
2010 BMW X5M  [10.00]
Quote:
Are they not fitting correctly because X5Ms have different centerbores from front to rear?
front has 74.1 centerbore
rear has 72.56 centerbore

I like your interior btw... (Gatos too!)

Did you see these LED Headlights in the classifieds?
They are asking $1800!!! One of the cheapest I have seen and includes FRM! (Those won't last long at that price)
http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1445655

2020 X5M - Tanzanite II
2012 M3 - Alpine White

Last edited by gixxerboy63; 12-31-2017 at 07:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2018, 09:20 AM   #53
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerboy63 View Post
Quote:
Are they not fitting correctly because X5Ms have different centerbores from front to rear?
front has 74.1 centerbore
rear has 72.56 centerbore

I like your interior btw... (Gatos too!)

Did you see these LED Headlights in the classifieds?
They are asking $1800!!! One of the cheapest I have seen and includes FRM! (Those won't last long at that price)
http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1445655
I got the spacers that supposedly are for the front wheel. And yes I saw the headlights if they are still available after I get my brake job done I'm gonna snag them
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2018, 05:28 PM   #54
gixxerboy63
Tanzanite Blue II X5M Pilot
Rep
Drives: M3, M4, X3 M40i, X5M

Garage List
2017 m4  [0.00]
2010 BMW X5M  [10.00]
Quote:
I got the spacers that supposedly are for the front wheel. And yes I saw the headlights if they are still available after I get my brake job done I'm gonna snag them
Brake job?
I may have brake parts for sale!!!

2020 X5M - Tanzanite II
2012 M3 - Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2018, 05:56 PM   #55
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Brake job?
Ive got the f85 rotors in the mail already...just need to do some research on an aftermarket pad option
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2018, 11:13 PM   #56
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Sorry we never got to meet up, your rigs looking good though :-)
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 06:35 AM   #57
Gatoferoz25
BeastM3r
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 COMP

Quote:
Quote:
Brake job?
Ive got the f85 rotors in the mail already...just need to do some research on an aftermarket pad option
Nice
      01-02-2018, 12:50 PM   #58
frankenm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12' X5M, 99 M3

Quote:
Put in a high octane non ethanol blend gas today along with a fuel system treatment product added some engine seal rejuvenate and topped off the engine oil. I was wondering how quickly you other guys eat through motor oil. I've run around 3500-3800 miles and my engine oil level went from about 15/16 full to a little over a 1/4 from the bottom ok line. Eventually I'd like to do some kind of catch can setup for blow by. And here in the next two weeks it's going back in the shop for the drill rotor upgrade/oil/trans/diff change. I went ahead and ordered those bcm filters, I'm going to give them a shot.
Can you guys give me any other advice on maintenance areas I should look at to keep her happy?

Hows your oil pan gaskets these tend to leak ... getting any smoke when running?

I'm not burning any oil @ 102k miles w/ 5k miles between changes.

Appreciate 1
      01-02-2018, 12:52 PM   #59
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenm View Post
Quote:

Hows your oil pan gaskets these tend to leak ... getting any smoke when running?

I'm not burning any oil @ 102k miles w/ 5k miles between changes.
So just to clarify the line on your oil level display never moves between oil changes?

I haven't checked the oil pan gasket but it's definitely going to be something I look at...I definitely don't have any residual oil on the ground when parked and no smoking even under hard acceleration in "m" mode or regular mode. I was under the impression these motors ate some oil? thanks for the information
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 01:10 PM   #60
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
Sorry we never got to meet up, your rigs looking good though :-)
Man I wish we had the holidays just got too crazy!! Hope you had a good trip and safe travels

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 01:52 PM   #61
frankenm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12' X5M, 99 M3

Quote:
So just to clarify the line on your oil level display never moves between oil changes?

I haven't checked the oil pan gasket but it's definitely going to be something I look at...I definitely don't have any residual oil on the ground when parked and no smoking even under hard acceleration in "m" mode or regular mode. I was under the impression these motors ate some oil? thanks for the information
Oil pan gasket leaks will leave a lot of oil residue around the oil pan not necessarily have any drips unless there is a big leak, I had my pressure sensor leaking that caused dripping.

My oil line never moves ... it has only once when I was pushing the truck extremely hard for a considerable amount of time, otherwise I don't lose any.

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 02:05 PM   #62
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenm View Post
Quote:

Oil pan gasket leaks will leave a lot of oil residue around the oil pan not necessarily have any drips unless there is a big leak, I had my pressure sensor leaking that caused dripping.

My oil line never moves ... it has only once when I was pushing the truck extremely hard for a considerable amount of time, otherwise I don't lose any.
That's interesting hopefully more owners chime in on this subject. I'll have to have that little under tray pulled and check for reside. It could be the fact that I have throttled the truck a few times since it's new to me or maybe you just have a tighter motor who knows but thanks for the information about potential areas of concern. That really helps and is definitely the type of feedback I need
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 02:16 PM   #63
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

Pulled this from another post on the topic:
This taken from BMW Operating Fluids Manual:
Oil Consumption
All engines normally consume a certain amount of oil. This is necessary in order to properly lubricate the cylinder walls, pistons, piston rings etc. In addition, engines with less than 6,000 miles will generally consume additional oil because the components are not fully seated. Therefore, oil consumption complaints received prior to 6,000 miles cannot be considered.
Once a new or rebuilt engine has accumulated 6,000 miles this procedure should be used if there is a drastic change in the oil consumption rate (i.e. the oil consumption rate triples) under similar driving conditions or if the oil consumption rate exceeds 1 qt. per 750 miles at any time. Refer to S.I. Bulletin B 11 05 84 (888).
All Motorsport Engines:
Due to their increased output and maximum engine speeds, these engines are allowed a maximum consumption of 2.5 quarts per 1,000 miles.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2018, 10:52 AM   #64
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

Well more bad news...switched over to a TurnerMotorsports 15mm spacer in the front and it didn't work either unfortunately. So, I've contacted ECS and they are sending me a 12.5mm ECS brand spacer made specifically for the front hub on the e70 x5m and whatever it takes I'm going to make them work lol. This is driving me crazy
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2018, 01:09 PM   #65
Teh.brandon
Private First Class
Rep

Bonus picture
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2018, 09:15 AM   #66
Teh.brandon