XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

11-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
wildaz
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6 50i

Question Exhaust Upgrade for X6 4.4L Bi-Turbo...what's out there?

I really want to upgrade the exhaust on my X6 50 but I don't want to have to cut the factory exhaust or weld anything. Does anyone here know if such a system exists for the X6?

I got an RPI cat-back system for my E60 M5, which is a great system by the way, and it was all bolt on so I'm hoping the same can be found for the X6.

I already ask RPI if they have any plans to make and E71 system and they said they would if they got enough request for it...http://www.raceprecision.com/2009/

When it comes to cars I am not a very patient person and I know it will take a while for them to develop and produce a new system if they do at all so for now I am wondering what other people have on their X6...

Thanks,
Dustin
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 11:28 PM   #2
MJTSUB
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Im in the same boat you're in. Came from a E60 M5 with RPI exhaust and now have a X6 50. The only cat back options I know of currently is the Dinan exhaust for $3k, and the EAS Eisenmann for $2600. Supersprint has a variety of options with cats, no cats, center sections, and mufflers and tips but not sure the exact pricing. I contacted Active Autoworke and they wouldn't give me a date but said they would have something available next year. Who knows when next year. Rpi also said the same thing if I could get a list of people together who were interested in they would look into it but I didnt want to do the marketing work I just wanted to buy an exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
Sharpie12
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 SG/SO

Eisenmann has an exhaust system for the X6 50i?
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #4
wildaz
Rep

On their website I only see an exhaust for the X6 M and 35i.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2010, 11:10 AM   #5
wildaz
Rep

I'm waiting to hear back from Dinan to see if they confirm that their system is cat back and doesn't require cutting anything. If it is I will probably go with that.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2010, 09:39 PM   #6
MJTSUB
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpie12 View Post
Eisenmann has an exhaust system for the X6 50i?
Sorry meant Meisterschaft:

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8396451

Hartge probably has one too.

I know RD Sport said they had one in development but wouldn't elaborate any further.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2010, 08:40 AM   #7
KreativeX6
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 50i

In the same boat, I used the infamous APR Engineering in my M5. I also like RPI products.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2010, 10:25 AM   #8
Sharpie12
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 SG/SO

You mean ASR?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2010, 02:38 PM   #9
DK35
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: The MONSTR

Garage List
2010 X6 50i  [9.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildaz View Post
I really want to upgrade the exhaust on my X6 50 but I don't want to have to cut the factory exhaust or weld anything. Does anyone here know if such a system exists for the X6?

I got an RPI cat-back system for my E60 M5, which is a great system by the way, and it was all bolt on so I'm hoping the same can be found for the X6.

I already ask RPI if they have any plans to make and E71 system and they said they would if they got enough request for it...http://www.raceprecision.com/2009/

When it comes to cars I am not a very patient person and I know it will take a while for them to develop and produce a new system if they do at all so for now I am wondering what other people have on their X6...

Thanks,
Dustin
Unfortunately the whole system for the X6 is one piece. You would have to cut and weld any rear/mid/front sections that you want to replace.

I went for replacement of the whole system with Hamann. Front connecting pipes with deletion of resonator and muffler, mid X pipe and rear muffler system. You can see some of these pics on the pic/video section under Hamann exhaust teaser. You can also get these from supersprint direct since they manufacture all of Hamann's exhaust systems.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #10
KreativeX6
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpie12 View Post
You mean ASR?
I meant ASR Engineering, sorry

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2010, 06:36 PM   #11
wildaz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK35 View Post
Unfortunately the whole system for the X6 is one piece. You would have to cut and weld any rear/mid/front sections that you want to replace.

I went for replacement of the whole system with Hamann. Front connecting pipes with deletion of resonator and muffler, mid X pipe and rear muffler system. You can see some of these pics on the pic/video section under Hamann exhaust teaser. You can also get these from supersprint direct since they manufacture all of Hamann's exhaust systems.
I just crawled under my X6 and and the rear section is all one piece but it does bolt up to the downpipe right after it starts to bend up towards the engine...seems like it would be fairly easy to make a 3 section bolt-on systems for it.

On another note I heard back from Dinan and their system is only axle back so it does require cutting of the factory exahust.

Can anyone explain why an axle back system for the X6 is $3,000+ (Dinan = $3,500 and Meisterschaft = $3,000) and the full section 1, 2, and 3 system for my M5 from RPI was the same price? The price point for the X6 exhaust seems crazy high!

Eloy at RPI is willing to look into making a systems for the X6 if enough people show interest in it...I've started a new thread to get this process started, please post if you would like to see a RPI exhaust system for the X6!

Please post here: http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...01#post8420801
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2010, 12:09 AM   #12
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: like a muppet

Wait for Akrapovic. Should be out in Jan/Feb
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 09:07 AM   #13
DK35
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 X6 50i  [9.34]
Quote:
I just crawled under my X6 and and the rear section is all one piece but it does bolt up to the downpipe right after it starts to bend up towards the engine...seems like it would be fairly easy to make a 3 section bolt-on systems for it.

On another note I heard back from Dinan and their system is only axle back so it does require cutting of the factory exahust.

Can anyone explain why an axle back system for the X6 is $3,000+ (Dinan = $3,500 and Meisterschaft = $3,000) and the full section 1, 2, and 3 system for my M5 from RPI was the same price? The price point for the X6 exhaust seems crazy high!

Eloy at RPI is willing to look into making a systems for the X6 if enough people show interest in it...I've started a new thread to get this process started, please post if you would like to see a RPI exhaust system for the X6!

Please post here: http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...01#post8420801
It is very high. I agree. The whole Hamann system is running me about 6K but will yield me about 25-30HP. The muffler itself is nice but deleting the resonator and muffler in the down pipe is nice. Louder, less pressure etc. etc. Plus the diameter of the pipes themselves are larger than stock.

If I went as far as deleting the CATS and replaced with the racing version it would yield another 30HP according to Supersprint but add another 2500-3000 to the system. So overall a 55-60HP isn't bad but it will cost.

I am sure there are other brands out there making similar systems but only a small handful. Seems like the demand for systems for the X aren't that great, and since im making my X a Hamann project it only seems fit to put that system in there.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 10:52 AM   #14
Kanuc
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6M Melbourne Red

Quote:
Just wondering why cutting the OEM exhaust and bolting on is a problem? Like Dinan does. Curious for input as I am thinking of the Dinan - nice sound but not cheesy rice-rocket style.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 12:08 PM   #15
DK35
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 X6 50i  [9.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuc View Post
Just wondering why cutting the OEM exhaust and bolting on is a problem? Like Dinan does. Curious for input as I am thinking of the Dinan - nice sound but not cheesy rice-rocket style.

Here's my rear section.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 12:28 PM   #16
wildaz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuc View Post
Resale purposes, I don't usually keep a car for more than two or three years and I find I can get more money back when I put it back as close to stock as possible and then sell the performance parts separately.
Appreciate 0