XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-26-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
BMER BRO
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 3.5i SA / 2011 X6 50i

Ordering my X6 this week, and I need recommendations

I'm ordering my X6 this week and stuck on deciding on a few options and hoping you guys can assist. Here is what i'm working on:
X6 50i Black Sapphire Met./Dark Bamboo/ Black Int or Oyster??(I have it on my X5 it's beautiful but do I want 2 cars with the same int?)
Packages are Cold, Prem, Rear Climate, Sports Activity with 20" rims, Running Boards, Rear View Cam with Top view, Spare tire.
Here is where I am having trouble deciding Prem Sound and/or Heads up display. I prefer the perm sound over the heads up, but the BMW reps say the heads up is a must. I just picked up my X5 two weeks ago with out these options and I'm very happy, but I knew it was going to be my wife's car so i'm not really impacted by the X5. Any words of advice? I kind of want both but is it worth it for the $?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
flipside99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX M60

I'm can't recommend enough the premium sound. I love the heads up too. All personal preference though.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
REInvestor
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6 5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMER BRO View Post
I'm ordering my X6 this week and stuck on deciding on a few options and hoping you guys can assist. Here is what i'm working on:
X6 50i Black Sapphire Met./Dark Bamboo/ Black Int or Oyster??(I have it on my X5 it's beautiful but do I want 2 cars with the same int?)
Packages are Cold, Prem, Rear Climate, Sports Activity with 20" rims, Running Boards, Rear View Cam with Top view, Spare tire.
Here is where I am having trouble deciding Prem Sound and/or Heads up display. I prefer the perm sound over the heads up, but the BMW reps say the heads up is a must. I just picked up my X5 two weeks ago with out these options and I'm very happy, but I knew it was going to be my wife's car so i'm not really impacted by the X5. Any words of advice? I kind of want both but is it worth it for the $?
Head up display pkg is not a must. You definitely want the premium sound. The standard is crap. Head up display is nice to have, but have you ever had it in any other car? Can't miss something you've never had. I would not get the premium pkg or cold weather pkg. You can always add heated seats as a stand alone option. All the other garbage is mostly just for profit...Rear climate pkg is not a big option add for the X6. You can only carry four back there and besides why do you need to have your passengers control their temps? They still have vents back there. It's just driver controlled. IMO, I would get rid of cold weather, rear climate pkg and premium pkg and add heated seats, Premium sound, sirius satelite radio and probably head up display(only if I got rid of the other pkg though). Anyways, GL and enjoy.
Appreciate 0