XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-22-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
bmw_guy_2020
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mercedes CLS 550

Need help to identify X6 wheel options

I'm thinking about leasing an X6 for my next vehicle.

My biggest roadblock right now is finding some wheels that I think look really good on the X6.

I don't like the wheel options that BMW offers for the X6 so I've been Googling around trying to find some wheels that I like better.

I have attached a picture of 2 wheel styles that I like. Please let me know if you know of any wheel makes/models that look like these that can fit on an X6.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
REInvestor
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6 5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_guy_2020 View Post
I'm thinking about leasing an X6 for my next vehicle.

My biggest roadblock right now is finding some wheels that I think look really good on the X6.

I don't like the wheel options that BMW offers for the X6 so I've been Googling around trying to find some wheels that I like better.

I have attached a picture of 2 wheel styles that I like. Please let me know if you know of any wheel makes/models that look like these that can fit on an X6.

Thanks!
Depending on how much you want to spend on wheels. I like this website to give you ideas, but they only sell one piece wheels I think. I think he is a sponsor on this site:

http://www.323motorsports.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=292

The S4's from this link, looks like one of your rim choice:

http://323motorsports.net/bmwmbz.html
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
Kassfy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6 .35

these are all 19's and 20's dont you think they are too small??
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 08:29 PM   #4
Kassfy
Private
Rep

BTW I myself have the same problem...i have my x6 already but im just still trying to decide what rims would look best and what size would look best..21's or 22's (didnt want to lower it)
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 11:31 PM   #5
REInvestor
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassfy View Post
these are all 19's and 20's dont you think they are too small??
What are 19 and 20's? From the link? They carry all sizes bro. You just have to look.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 12:32 AM   #6
bmw_guy_2020
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mercedes CLS 550

This is the first time that I've tried to get custom wheels for a vehicle. Normally, the vehicle has a wheel option that I can live with but I just don't like any of the wheel options for the 2011 X6.

Considering my options - I thought about getting the default wheel/tire set for the X6 and then switching out the wheels and keeping the tires. However, it seems like there are very few aftermarket wheel options with the 19 x 9 wheel size that comes standard on the X6.

So it looks like to have reasonable options I'll need to switch out the entire wheel and tire set for the vehicle. BTW - How do you normally handle this? Can you order a BMW without the stock wheels - just cheap black placeholders and possibly downgraded tires for a discount? Basically the wheels and tires would be throwaway since I would be replacing them within the first week. Or do you pretty much just need to take the base model and then get a very small discount by trading them in to the local shop that installs your new wheels and tires?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 08:21 PM   #7
Kassfy
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by REInvestor View Post
What are 19 and 20's? From the link? They carry all sizes bro. You just have to look.
i sayin the ones that says they fit on the BMW's are all 19 20's...i see the others but idk if they fit on the x6
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 08:27 PM   #8
REInvestor
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassfy View Post
i sayin the ones that says they fit on the BMW's are all 19 20's...i see the others but idk if they fit on the x6
I would just pick a wheel you like and call and see if they make it in 22's? He doesn't list all the wheel sizes on there. I like his inventory of one piece wheels. I'm considering one for spring of next yr. Gettin ready to throw some snow tires on for the winter.
Appreciate 0