XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

09-30-2015, 10:32 AM   #1
exec1
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X6 xDrive35i

BimmerTech Premium Audio System in E71 X6 2010

Wow, where do I begin? When I saw this PnP upgrade by BimmerTech, I was all in for knowing more specifics. After researching and also reviewing the forums, I decided to give it a try.

Ordering was easy. I provided my VIN to Patryk at BimmerTech to confirm that this would work with my system. I received an immediate response of compatibility and proceeded with my order. The order arrived within just a few days.

The installation could not be more straightforward. It involved removing the left rear panel in my trunk with the trim tools and a socket wrench. I couldn't believe how easy everything was with the Plug-n-Play (PnP). Everything clicked and secured. Then I remounted the amplifier.

I installed the software per instructions. And to my error, I applied a beta release of the amplifier software which slowed me down -- but Patryk at BimmerTech was super patient and efficient and helped me troubleshoot step-by-step why my amp had worked initially and then stopped. We found out that it was the beta software. He provided me instructions to reflash the amp with the correct software and off I was with my new premium sound. I am providing this detail as to give an example of the detail and follow-through of Patryk and his team at BimmerTech -- even when something goes a bit off they are there to ensure you are taken care of!

Now to the best part! The sound is INSTANT UPGRADE! Yes, I know many other posts on this forum discuss replacing speakers etc., but for me, I wanted the custom look and just a nice boost and punch of sound with my existing HiFi Speaker System. I got exactly what I was looking for and am very pleased. Specifically, I love the fact that the install was a breeze! Anyone can do this with little expertise! I also love the fact that the results are instant. No exhaustive tweaking or adjusting. Instantly you have an upgraded premium audio system in your existing BMW!

Now, if you are someone who likes to tweak and adjust settings, this install also gives you that ability through the interface software. So it's a win win for every style of interest -- the person who wants an out of the box instant solution and the person who wants the ability to customize!

BimmerTech, thank you for making a customized product for my sound system that sounds awesome! Also, thank you for making this Plug-n-Play so anyone can upgrade their system!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2015, 05:31 PM   #2
dreamalaska
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 3.5i

Thanks for posting. 1. From the pic is the new amp on the left? 2. Does it replace the oem amp that's still shown or plug into it? 3. Is this the amp you got? http://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw-...m-audio-system
Appreciate 0