XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

05-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #1
Triple M
Doc Rebel!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange M3, X5M, Blk 135

Proper Dyno Mode?

Recently had our X5M dynoed (AWD Dynohet) here in Vegas with some suprisingly low numbers(360whp). After asking around, it appears that the car has to be in M-mode, 4-5th gear. Heading back to dyno later this wheel. I'll also be trying out the mustang dyno for comparison. Anyone with experience dynoing the X5M/X6M?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #2
Jimshorts
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5m

Make sure it is in m mode with power on. You do this in mdrive. I believe the 1:1 gear is 4th but I'm not sure. I would put it in manual as well so it doesn't downshift when doing the pulls. I would also turn traction control all the way off. I don't think there is a specific dyno mode like some cars have.
      05-15-2013, 12:39 AM   #3
Triple M
Doc Rebel!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange M3, X5M, Blk 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimshorts View Post
Make sure it is in m mode with power on. You do this in mdrive. I believe the 1:1 gear is 4th but I'm not sure. I would put it in manual as well so it doesn't downshift when doing the pulls. I would also turn traction control all the way off. I don't think there is a specific dyno mode like some cars have.
Excellent. Thanks for the advice Jim. I really appreciate it. The traction control might have actually been the issue now that you mentioned it (Since our launch control operates in this mode i.e. put the power down better).
I won't get a chance to do repeat basline dyno since the appointments for the AWD is long(the only Dynojet in Vegas).
Downpipes are getting installed tomorrow along with tune. Bimmerfest this weekend, then I'll return to there next week to re-dyno.
Thanks again for the input
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #4
Jimshorts
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple M View Post
Excellent. Thanks for the advice Jim. I really appreciate it. The traction control might have actually been the issue now that you mentioned it (Since our launch control operates in this mode i.e. put the power down better).
I won't get a chance to do repeat basline dyno since the appointments for the AWD is long(the only Dynojet in Vegas).
Downpipes are getting installed tomorrow along with tune. Bimmerfest this weekend, then I'll return to there next week to re-dyno.
Thanks again for the input
No problem, I need to hit a dyno soon as well and I've been contemplating some downpipes too. Keep me posted on your numbers good luck man! Toss me a PM ill give you my number give me a call next time you dyno it and ill walk you through how to have it set up.