XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

05-31-2010, 01:54 AM   #1
bx6
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X6

X6 Music Collection

Hi, I need a bit of help. I got an X6 3.5i a couple months ago, absolutely love it I have been using my ipod to play music in the car but I would like to upload all my music into the glove box hard drive. I tried to do so a few times but the x6 did not read for an import music device. I tried to upgrade my ipod to the new 3.13 Ipod software but that still didn't work. I am a little stuck.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2010, 04:37 AM   #2
tjl18
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW X6 35i

I tried the other day with the iPod adapter and you can not transfer music to the car's HD. What you would need to do is covert your itunes files from AAC to mp3 and then transfer your mp3 files to to a DVD to your cars HD. If you don't convert to AAC then some will transfer while others will not. I have not figured why that happens.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2010, 07:50 AM   #3
UK6
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 & 330e

Put the mp3s on a memory stick into the glove box USB connection, then in the multimedia section of the iDrive select import music.
You cant take them off the iPod.
Appreciate 0