XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

02-23-2015, 07:51 PM   #1
P6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M sold, X5M sold, X6M current

Anyone track their X6M

If so, impressions. Are there any track brake pad compounds for this truck? How about camber plates or other adjustments for front camber. Are KW3 the only coilover available? What's the widest tire anyone has stuffed in the front?

Thanks for your input.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 12:24 AM   #2
mpilot26
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 MG w/Amaro Brown, two BSM

Yes I very much have tracked my X6M and coincidentally I was placed in higher and higher groups because I was continually the fastest vehicle in my sessions. I used my E71 2014 X6M and yet I installed the stock pair of 21 inch rims with Michelin pilot sport's from my 2015 F86 X6M. I really enjoyed and was shocked at how being higher up helps better anticipates the track ahead of you. In my M3 because I could use torque vectoring and the front end could help power me out of the turn. In the M3, you can get quite out of control if you apply throttle too soon near the apex and the M3 throttle response is so twitchy in sport plus mode that it's very easy to over apply the throttle and have power on oversteer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0