XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > X6 Engine / Exhaust / Drivetrain Modification

06-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
qadhi79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 LCI (Space Gray)

Need review of Eurocharged X5M/X6M tune

Looking for some who tuned their X5M/X6M from Eurocharged and any current deals they have for the tune

Also, is the tune detectable if I flash it back to stock before service visit?
      06-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
titanle
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 Activehybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by qadhi79 View Post
Looking for some who tuned their X5M/X6M from Eurocharged and any current deals they have for the tune

Have you looked into the ESS tune? Its a very good tune for the money and you an easily flash back to stock in a matter of minutes if you are taking the truck to bmw.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 01:10 AM   #3
PerformanceRaceSolutions
Rep
Drives: BMW

We have another alternative if you are interested in our VF Engineering Hex Flash tune. We can ship overseas.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
Jimshorts
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by qadhi79 View Post

Hey man saw you posted on another page sorry I've been out of town driving some Ferrari's and lambo's lol. Gotta love Las Vegas.

From what I can tell all of the tunes are extremely similar. Always look for dyno charts or real numbers at the track or on the street. I always compare gains at their peaks not in the middle of the power band personally. I love working with Eurocharged, Jerry knows what he's doing over there and they are extremely fast at answering any questions you have. Jerry really hooked me up with my monster. Gave me an unbeatable deal compared to the other tuners, I wont say prices but I got hooked up with a handheld programmer and 3 tunes, as well as free retunes for any future mods. I personally haven't dynoed my truck yet to get before and after results but i can tell you that i was half a second faster in the quarter mile bone stock. I went from a 12.6 to a 12.2 with a decent increase in mph as well. Once i get off of my run-flats I know I will be knocking on the door of 11s. The run-flats suck for drag racing. The one chart I have personally seen from an x5m with their 93 octane tune was 460awhp and 560awtq which is about the same as everyone else but all dynos read differently of course.

IMHO I would stick with Jerry at Eurocharged or Omar at Velos those guys have their trucks rocking as well. Renntech is also a great tune on these trucks but much more expensive from what ive seen. I went with Jerry because he also tuned my E55 AMG and i was able to accomplish multiple 11second passes on street tires in that beast pretty much just running a tune.

Im pretty sure any dealer can see if you are running a tune but most will still honor your warranty as long as you don't pop the motor. But it is a simple 5-10 minute process to flash back to your stock file.

Good luck man let me know what you decide on.

Clay
      08-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #5
jamze132
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 228i

BPM Sport tuned my X6M, it's a friggin beast!
Appreciate 0