XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

03-08-2011, 03:48 AM   #23
Mb23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: It's a BM

This seems very tempting. Great write up, thanks for detailing everything for us. This was great for me because I was considering this. I see your also in NY. How long was the ride back? That is the only thing bugging me a bit.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 09:21 AM   #24
Clueless
Australia
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 4.8

Hi ya

Great write up! Can you post a side on pic with those wheels? Many thanks

Cheers

J
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 03:14 PM   #25
chrgosselin
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40i

Cool

I love your PCD stories guys. Can't get enough of them. Anyone from Canada did a PCD in Spartanburg, NC? Thanks for sharing.

2019 BMW X5 xDrive40i M Sport/Arctic Grey Metallic/Cognac Perforated Vernasca Leather
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #26
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb23 View Post
This seems very tempting. Great write up, thanks for detailing everything for us. This was great for me because I was considering this. I see your also in NY. How long was the ride back? That is the only thing bugging me a bit.
It was fine. We were done at about 3pm and drove straight to Stauton, VA to spend a night at a B&B called the Old Virginia Inn (highly recommended). We got there by 10pm. Next day we left at about 10:30 and were home at about 5:30pm. All in it was about 14 hours of driving. I wouldn't call this the most picturesque route, especially in early March, but it wasn't bad, and the highway was not busy so my wife ended up going 100 mph (which she's never done before)...

For the right to drive x6M on the track and for the great overall experience of getting your car and spending 2 hours with one of the BMW guys going through pretty much every feature of the car, I would do it again no problem!
Appreciate 0