XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

05-21-2015, 02:50 PM   #1
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

DTM Round 2: Lausitzring Eurospeedway

06/01/15: Updates, videos results and reactions are on page 2 **

__________________________________________________ _____________

Upcoming race: May 29-31 2015

BROADCAST: CBS SPORTS 5/31/15 1:30 PM DTM RACING: LAUSITZRING DTM -

Opened 20. August 2000
Track length 3,478 km
Lap record Mike Rockenfeller (Audi) 1.18,268 Min. (16. Juni 2013)
Website www.lausitzring.de

Remember - 2 race format
Support Races:
+ SUPERBIKE*IDM
+ Porsche Carrera Cup Deutschland
+ Autogrammstunden
+ After Race Party am Campingplatz (Friday & Samstag/Saturday)

The Lausitzring is since the start of the new DTM in 2000 an integral part of the DTM calendar.
The most popular international touring car series uses on the single Trioval Germany has always been the Grand Prix circuit variant with infield.
The monumental main grandstand is the symbol of the recent German circuit which is located with the catchment areas of Berlin and Dresden perfect.

Driver Points so far this season:
1. E. Mortara 30
2. M. Ekström 25
3. J. Green 25
4. P. Wehrlein 22
5. M. Rockenfeller 18
6. P. Di Resta 15
7. G. Paffett 15
8. M. Tomczyk 12
9. M. Wittmann 12
10. N. Müller 8

Team Points:
1. Audi Sport Team Rosberg 33
2. Audi Sport Team Abt 30
3. Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline 25
4. HWA - Team AMG Mercedes 22
5. HWA AG 21
6. Audi Sport Team Phoenix 18
7. BMW Team RMG 18
8. ART Grand Prix 15
9. BMW Team Schnitzer 12
10. BMW Team MTEK

The action goes on.
This weekend sees BMW Motorsport compete with its rivals on the Lausitzring for the second time this year.

May 22, 2015 BMW Motorsport

BMW has a special connection with the track 130 kilometres south of Berlin (DE): Marco Wittmann made history last season when, before the end of the season, he finished sixth in the Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM to become the youngest ever German champion. It was also here that Bruno Spengler celebrated the 50th BMW win in the DTM and the first win since its DTM comeback in 2012.

The DTM visits the Lausitzring for the 16th time. The spectators literally sit in the front row at this track:
From the imposing stand near the start-finish straight, you can almost see the entire track.

The DTM competes on the 3.478-kilometre loop that is made up of sections of the tri-oval and the circuit.

Like last season, the International German Motorcycle Championship SUPERBIKE*IDM will be part of the supporting programme for the DTM. Numerous BMW riders will line up on the starting grid on the BMW S 1000 RR, including the 2013 champion and current overall leader, Markus Reiterberger.

Four BMW DTM drivers were back in action last weekend: Maxime Martin competed alongside Lucas Luhur, Markus Palttala and Richard Westbrook at the Nürburgring 24 Hours (DE), where he finished runner-up.
Augusto Farfus was also driving for BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS, and secured pole position in the team’s second BMW Z4 GT3. He and fellow drivers Jörg Müller, Nick Catsburg and Dirk Adorf went on to finish fourth in the race. In contrast, the endurance classic came to a premature end for Wittmann and Martin Tomczyk, whose cars were forced to retire after crashes involving their team-mates.

LAUSITZRING: TWO SPECTACULAR RACES FOR THE PRICE OF ONE

Since 2000, he is an integral part of the DTM calendar: the Lausitzring.
After the spectacular kick-off at the Hockenheimring racetrack in Klettwitz is the second stop of the DTM season 2015 the fans is a weekend of superlatives before:
From 29 to 31 May, the most popular international touring car series is again a guest - with a jam-packed program package. After all, unlike in previous years, the 24 drivers measure both on Saturday and Sunday respectively in qualifying and a race.

The Framework Programme contributes to that race fans will get their costs. So also runs the German Motorcycle Championship SUPERBIKE IDM * and the Porsche Carrera Cup Germany will be played this weekend. The fans can cheer on a total of eight races at the most recent race track in Germany.

"It's always great fun to drive here. The fans in the Lausitz are very special, "says Timo Scheider.
The DTM Champion from 2008 and 2009, is an avowed fan of the racetrack in southern Brandenburg.
2015 have the Audi driver and his 23 fellow twice the chance to fight for the win at the Lausitzring.
For the race on Sunday a 40-minute drive is added on Saturday.
About the starting grid is decided by a respective 20-minute qualifying session on Saturday and Sunday morning. "It is exciting in any case," said Lausitzring CEO Josef Meier says.

"The new format of the DTM with more motorsport promises plenty of action and will arrive very well even with our fans."

With tension can be expected, who is 2015 points and trophies will be secure at the Lausitzring.
After the season opener at Hockenheim, the Audi drivers are among the favorites:
Edoardo Mortara comes as the leader of the drivers' championship for the second race weekend and the two seasoned campaigners Mattias Ekström and Jamie Green conquered at the premiere of the new weekend format, the first two wins of the year.
Pascal Wehrlein also wants to have a say for the podium in the Mercedes-Benz.
The 20-year-old celebrated in 2014 at the Lausitzring the first DTM victory of his career.
At the opening race at Hockenheim Wehrlein underlined with second place his ambitions. Of course, the reigning DTM champion Marco Wittmann is hot on a success.
Fürth and his fellow BMW want to strike back after a difficult start in the Lausitz.

The first DTM showdown takes place on Saturday (30 May), according to the Superbike and Porsche Carrera race by 18 clock. While for the drivers park their cars in the pits afterwards, the fans have the opportunity to give at the after-race party once the gas. On Sunday, the DTM will start at the usual time by 14 clock. Following the no less formidable sound Superbike class will complete the race weekend.

Last edited by 954Stealth; 06-01-2015 at 03:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2015, 03:01 PM   #2
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Oops I put Broadcast but forgot the network! fixed.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2015, 08:01 PM   #3
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Get ready for BMW to blow the hood off of Audi
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 11:19 AM   #4
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Updating original post!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 09:10 AM   #5
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Audi in all ratings at the top
Audi goes with a lot of tailwind in the second race weekend of the year. After the start of the season we are in all three votes in the lead.

As leader of all three ratings (drivers, manufacturers and teams) Audi goes into the second DTM weekend of the year - with a premiere: on Saturday 30 May a DTM race at the Lausitzring is the first time on Saturday night held - for new airtime immediately prior to the German Cup final in Berlin only about 130 kilometers away.

With two victories and two pole position Audi succeeded in early May in Hockenheim an almost perfect start into the new DTM season. Because the team wants to continue to Dieter Gass in the Lausitz, although the head of DTM at Audi Sport warns against too high expectations: "We had a very good first DTM weekend and want to fight in the Lausitz to the front ranks but that. field is incredibly close and we do not underestimate our competitors. Mercedes is traditionally strong at the Lausitzring. BMW will try to come back. And we will get a result of the two victories at Hockenheim between five and ten kilograms performance weights in the cars. "
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 09:14 AM   #6
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Marco Wittmann: “I don’t feel any extra pressure”
Reigning champion Marco Wittmann hasn’t had the start of season that would have been expected from a man who won 40% of the races last year. Fifth place on the second race was his best result of the season start, as BMW struggled for pace

BMW Motorsport had a difficult first weekend of 2015 in which it was never with the leaders, and had to play catch up during the races. Despite their efforts, the Bavarian manufacturer wasn’t able to get a car on the podium.

Marco Wittmann has a similar opinion to that of team mate Bruno Spengler about what the new racing format for the Series means: “It was definitely a good weekend, with lots of action and track time. This is a very positive step for us drivers and the spectators, because we all get to enjoy more,” Wittmann said to TouringCarTimes.

The first race at Hockenheim was a reminder of why Wittmann is the champion. His first laps were very competitive, as the young German managed to climb places and get to the lead: “First lap was nice, I had a good start, overtook Rockenfeller on the outside. Then I went for Ekström and I managed to surprised him in the inside and it was a good move to take the lead. In the wet I was defending, Mike gave me some pressure, and Robert Wickes was closing in, but I still managed to defend the position.”

With so much on-track time, and less off-track opportunities, the work methodologies have changed. Wittmann isn’t thinking about these possibilities: “After qualifying you aren’t allowed to change cars. Meetings are short, we think about the possible scenarios before the weekend arrives, so we go to the track with a view of what can happen.”

Wittmann is unfazed bout carrying number one on his car, as racing remains the same for him: “I don’t feel any pressure. Last year I was trying to catch the others, and the others tried to catch me. I’m used to both situations, so I have no extra pressure, so I just try to make the best of the car and if it happens.”

Asked what is necessary to catch Audi and Mercedes: “I don’t know, we gained lot of positions during the races, we have to analyse the data and see. In the wet we had too low tyre pressures because we didn’t expect the rain. We fought a lot and fifth was the maximum we could get. We have to analyse what happened and try to catch our rivals in four weeks’ time.”

After the first round of the championship, Marco Wittmann is ninth of the drivers’ table on 12 points.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2015/...xtra-pressure/
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 07:57 AM   #7
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

MARCO WITTMANN: “I HAVE NO TIME TO GO ON HOLIDAY"

After eight of the ten rounds in the 2014 DTM season, the 24-year-old from Fürth in Germany was safe: Marco Wittmann celebrated his title win at the Lausitzring as the youngest driver ever. He already pulled it off in only his second season in the DTM. In 2015, the BMW driver wants to defend his title. To do so, Wittmann doesn’t mind refraining from going on holiday, but he also knows that it will be extremely hard this season. We spoke with him after the DTM season opener at Hockenheim.

What does it need to be a good DTM driver?

Marco Wittmann: First of all, you need the necessary speed, but I think that comes natural to every race driver. You also need the necessary coolness and mentally, you have to be very strong. When you have that, you can make the decisive difference in the race.

Characteristics you obviously have as the reigning champion. What more is required to repeat your success in the 2015 DTM?

An extremely good overall package. The level in the field of drivers is incredibly high. The times reflect this. Sometimes, all the drivers are within half a second. Everything simply has to be spot-on. Set-up, the tyre performance and faultless weekends, in the qualifying sessions and in the races.

The winter break was very long. Which elements were essential for you in preparation?

I had a lot of meetings with the team, in which, among others, we looked back upon the past season. What was good? Where can we still improve? For the new season, of course, the test days are very important. We have to decide on a detailed programme for them. What do we want to do on the race weekends? What exactly do we have to test? In the test sessions, we go through this programme over and over again. That is also very important between the races during the season: meeting again and again.

That is the technical component. How do you prepare yourself?

The right fitness is the basic requirement. It is part of my everyday programme. In winter time, I love to go out skiing with a friend. I also keep fit playing squash and going out on the mountain bike. Moreover, I do a lot of running and I spend a lot of time in the gym. But there, it is not just on the machines that I am working. It is also about the right balance and the necessary coordination. You have to be physically balanced and you shouldn’t focus on a single element.

Skiing, mountain bike riding, so you do like the mountains, don’t you?

No, I wouldn’t put it that way. After all, you don’t necessarily have to go to the mountains to ride the mountain bike. I am doing almost exclusively doing my training back home in Fürth. I don’t have to do a travelling for it. When we are in a training camp at Lanzarote, it is a different thing, of course. Or when we head out for a couple of days. For instance, I spent some time at Lake Garda over the Easter weekend.

So where do you go for holiday, then?

I didn’t have any holiday so far. The trip to Lake Garda is a little exception. Test days, event days and race days, for instance with the VLN and the 24-hour race. The schedule is really packed. There is not much time left to go on holiday, but I don’t mind. I like being on the road for tests and events, I like to travel. It is simply part of the job, it doesn’t mean any stress for me.

Does the fact that you started the new season as the champion mean any pressure?

No, that doesn’t make any difference at all. Nothing has changed. I would love to win it again, but when that turns out to be impossible, I will simply try and get the best possible result out of it. Perhaps, outside expectations are different now, but I am putting the most pressure on myself anyway. Therefore, these new expectations don’t play a role for me. I remain quite relaxed there.

Also after the first weekend at Hockenheim?

There were quite a few new elements there. The new regulations with two races and two qualifyings, and we also had the World Rallycross at our event for the first time.

Have you been able to take a look at that?

I did take a brief look indeed. And I would have liked to watch a little bit longer, but we didn’t really have the time to do so. At times, sessions are only one and a half to two hours apart, and this time was planned up for meetings or other appointments. The time schedule was really close and indeed quite stressful for us as the drivers at times. But it was nice. Plenty of action. The races were exciting. So much DTM action is particularly great for the spectators.

So your schedule was really packed. Was it too much?

No, it wasn’t. To me, it was all right. Two races on a weekend is a step into the right direction. Personally, however, I liked the qualifying format with Q1, Q2 and Q3.

Because there was less traffic on the track?

No, not because of that. I simply liked this shoot-out. Accordingly, I liked 2013 even better, when we still had Q4. I just like these single sessions.

You scored points in both races at the season opener, finishing ninth and fifth. Are you satisfied?

I reckon we got the maximum out of it. The situation going into the first race wasn’t particularly easy. I started from 16th place on the grid and still managed to finish ninth. In the second race on Sunday, I led for a few laps. However, we got it slightly wrong with the rain tyres. The pressure we had chosen was a little bit too low, because we didn’t expect the rain to come down that heavily. From that point of view, fifth place is all right, too.

16th place in first qualifying. Have you already been able to find out what was the problem there?

Well, things didn’t really go perfectly there. But had I been two tenths faster, I would have been in third place. Competition is just considerably closer than last year. Also due to the fact that Mercedes is back up there again, too. And when you don’t get everything spot on, you are well down the order.

Isn’t it more fun when competition is closer in the field?

(laughing) As long as you are up front, it certainly is
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 09:31 AM   #8
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

THE SPECTACLE WILL BE CONTINUED – DTM MAKES ITS LAUSITZRING STOP
May 27 2015 dtm.com

Will Audi be able to keep up the dominance they displayed in the season kick-off at Hockenheim? Will round three feature the third race winner in the still young season? And who will prevail in the fourth clash of forces? The answers to all these questions will be given from 29th to 31st May at the Lausitzring. The schedule features a qualifying session and a race both on Saturday and Sunday and so, enthralling battles and thrilling motor racing are guaranteed. The support programme will be spiced up by the spectacular, powerful motorbikes racing in the Superbike IDM and by the Porsche Carrera Cup Germany. Over the course of the weekend, the visitors will be provided by a total of eight races. Plus qualifying sessions, practice sessions, parties and show acts. To cut a long story short – the event is packed with thrilling or entertaining highlights and the crowds in the Niederlausitz region may look forward to an eventful top-class motor-racing meeting on the last weekend in May.

Edoardo Mortara (30 points) is the man who travels to the Lausitzring as championship leader, with fellow Audi drivers Jamie Green and Mattias Ekström – each of them winner of one of the two Hockenheim races – following with 25 points on their tallies. While Green delivered in fine style in the dry Saturday race, took the lead right at the start to never lose it until he crossed the finish line, Ekström shone in the wet. But should the weather forecasters be right, the wets can stay in their boxes, at the Lausitzring. What could suit last year’s Lausitzring winner Pascal Wehrlein particularly well. “The season kick-off demonstrated that we have got a fast car,” said the Mercedes-Benz driver. “Racing a car that has got what it takes to battle it out at the very front of the field is big fun.” With 22 points on his tally, Wehrlein who finished second in the Saturday race is pressurising the leading Audi trio. So, the 20-year old and his fellow Mercedes-Benz drivers travel to the Lausitz in a confident mood. After all, 80 percent of the DTM races contested at the Lausitzring were won by Mercedes-Benz vehicles and consequently, it is regarded as track that suits the Stuttgarters particularly well

The rest is here: http://www.dtm.com/en/news/spectacle...language=en-gb
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 06:31 AM   #9
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Convoy, rollout prep and smoking tires!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 06:32 AM   #10
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 08:15 AM   #11
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

AUDI TRAVELS TO THE LAUSITZRING WITH TAILWIND

As the leader of all three classifications (drivers’, manufacturers’ and teams’), Audi heads to the second DTM weekend of the year – with a premiere: On Saturday, May 30, at the Lausitzring, a DTM race will be held on Saturday night for the first time – aired on prime time immediately before the DFB Cup final in Berlin, which is only about 130 kilometers away.

With two victories and two pole positions, Audi managed a near-perfect start to the new DTM season. The squad headed by Dieter Gass would like to pick up where it left off in the opener, although the Head of DTM at Audi Sport cautions against excessive expectations. “We had a very good opening DTM weekend and we want to again fight for top places at the Lausitzring. However, the field is incredibly close and we do not underestimate our competitors. Mercedes have traditionally been strong at the Lausitzring. BMW will try to come back. And we have to add between five and ten kilograms of performance weights to our cars following the two victories at Hockenheim.”

Additionally, the 3.478-kilometer Lausitzring with its mix of fast, semi-fast and slow turns, plus a long start-finish straight with top speeds of about 240 km/h, is a race track that Audi was frequently struggling with in the past. An Audi driver crossed the finish line as the winner there only twice (in 2005 and 2011) – in one event with an extremely small advantage. In 2005, Mattias Ekström prevailed in a gripping duel against Gary Paffett in the Mercedes-Benz. “Gary was on my heels during the whole race,” the Audi driver recalls. “I couldn’t afford to make any mistakes.” Ten years later, there might well be a repeat of the duel between the two most successful active DTM drivers.

Last edited by 954Stealth; 05-29-2015 at 01:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 09:38 AM   #12
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

MERCEDES-BENZ DTM PREVIEW

Second race weekend of 2015 DTM season to be contested at the Lausitzring between 29th and 31st May
Digital DTM Racefacts: more stats and info on the race venue and on the 2015 DTM season attached
After securing three podium finishes in the opening double bill of the season at Hockenheim, the Mercedes-AMG DTM Team now travels to the Lausitzring this coming weekend for Races 3 and 4.
The track: The Lausitzring is located in an area between Berlin and Dresden which was formerly dominated by lignite (brown coal) mining. The track is 3.478 kilometres in length and is driven counter-clockwise. In addition to its long straight, the circuit also has a technically challenging infield with a sequence of slow corners and chicanes. Pascal Wehrlein claimed his maiden DTM victory in last year’s race at the Lausitzring, thus becoming the youngest winner in the history of the touring car series.

Comments ahead of the DTM races at Lausitzring

Gary Paffett (34, England):
Car number: 2
Team: EURONICS/BWT Mercedes-AMG (Mercedes-AMG DTM Team ART)
Car: EURONICS Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM

“The first race of the season at Hockenheim was a real rollercoaster ride for us. The car was quick, and the podium on Sunday brought the occasion to a satisfactory conclusion. On the other hand, we unfortunately had a few problems and made mistakes which cost us good results in qualifying. That was obviously disappointing. But we’ve got over that now and are ready to attack again at the Lausitzring with the aim of scoring more podiums. The Lausitzring is certainly a track which I always enjoy racing on and where I’ve had a few successes. Unlike some of the other tracks on the calendar, it offers overtaking opportunities. This always makes the races at the Lausitzring a fun event.”

Paul di Resta (29, Scotland):
Car number: 3
Team: SILBERPFEIL Energy Mercedes-AMG (Mercedes-AMG DTM Team HWA)
Car: Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM

“The podium at Hockenheim certainly came as a relief. It was good to see that the hard work over the winter has paid off and that we are on track to achieve our goal of closing the gap on the other manufacturers. I think we are in good shape and that we are capable of podium finishes at the Lausitzring – maybe even race wins. But I also think that BMW will be stronger than they were at Hockenheim, and of course, Audi were already strong in the last races. All in all, I would say that there is not a lot separating the manufacturers, which is very good because it means the skills of the drivers now count for more. If we finish in the Top Five in both races, that would be a successful weekend.”

Robert Wickens (26, Canada):
Car number: 6
Team: SILBERPFEIL Energy Mercedes-AMG (Mercedes-AMG DTM Team HWA)
Car: SILBERPFEIL Energy Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM

“It’s always a great personal pleasure for me to drive at the Lausitzring. In the last two years, I’ve had a fourth and a fifth place finish here. With the season opener at Hockenheim having been such a disappointment for me, I’m hoping that we can score some points in the next races.”

Christian Vietoris (26, Germany):
Car number: 8
Team: gooix/Original-Teile Mercedes-AMG (Mercedes-AMG DTM Team HWA)
Car: Original-Teile Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM

“After two difficult race weekends, one at Hockenheim and the other being the 24-hour race at the Nürburgring, the Lausitzring has come at just the right time. I’ve always had good results there, and I’ll be arriving with plenty of confidence. I’ve been around long enough to know that the bad weekends in motorsport alternate with the good ones. I’ve had my bad run now, so I’m looking forward to the Lausitzring with great optimism. This is when the season starts properly for me. It’s nice to know that, when everything goes right, we have a competitive car.”

Daniel Juncadella (24, Spain):
Car number: 12
Team: PETRONAS Mercedes-AMG (Mercedes-AMG DTM Team Mücke)
Car: PETRONAS Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM

“Last year’s race at the Lausitzring was an emotional rollercoaster for me. Although I came fourth, which is my best DTM result to date, I missed out on a podium due to a drive-through penalty. The objective for this year is therefore quite clear – to finish on the podium. The Lausitzring is the home venue for Mücke Motorsport, which always makes any race here very special. I also believe that we have a strong car this season, and with two races on the programme, we have twice the chance of a good result. In any case, I’m looking forward to the race weekend.”

Lucas Auer (20, Austria):
Car number: 22
Team: EURONICS/BWT Mercedes-AMG (Mercedes-AMG DTM Team ART)
Car: BWT Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM

“Although I’ve never driven in a race at the Lausitzring, I know the track very well, because it serves as the test circuit for Mücke Motorsport. And after all, I’ve competed in Formula 3 for Peter Mücke’s team. Everything that happened in the opening race has been put down to experience and is water under the bridge. I now know the procedure for a DTM race weekend and what to expect. Consequently, I’m confident that we will be putting in a much improved performance this coming weekend and coming away with a decent result. In order to be successful at the Lausitzring, you have to be technically proficient, but at the same time, you need to let the car fly.”

Maximilian Götz (29, Germany):
Car number: 84
Team: PETRONAS Mercedes-AMG (Mercedes-AMG DTM Team Mücke)
Car: Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM

“The first DTM race weekend wasn’t easy by any means, but at least I emerged from it as best rookie. Since Hockenheim, I’ve been spending a lot of time in the simulator. I’m feeling upbeat about the Lausitzring because it’s a track which I know very well. Last year, I won a race there in the ADAC GT Masters. But all the same, I’m going to study videos of the recent races and spend a lot of time at the computer. Apart from that, there is the usual amount of fitness training to get through. We failed to identify the optimum window in qualifying at Hockenheim, and we need to be better in this regard at the Lausitzring. During the race, I’m going to concentrate fully on the track and keep calm. Then we’ll see what position I end up with.”

Pascal Wehrlein (20, Germany):
Car number: 94
Team: gooix/Original-Teile Mercedes-AMG (Mercedes-AMG DTM Team HWA)
Car: gooix Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM

“I am really looking forward to the next race at the Lausitzring. Last year, I got my first win there, so I obviously have very fond memories of the track. In any case, the Lausitzring has consistently been associated with success for Mercedes drivers over the last few seasons, and I think that we will again be very strong this year. My objective is, of course, to finish on the podium twice and, as always, to do my best. It’s very satisfying to see that we have made such a big step forward. Our team has worked hard. I’m quite sure that we will be lining up in a competitive car.”

Ulrich Fritz, Head of Mercedes DTM:
“The podiums secured on the opening weekend at Hockenheim have done our entire team a power of good; they represent a well-deserved reward for all the hard work over the winter. Nevertheless, the whole team is aware that much work still lies ahead if we are to finish among the top places in the DTM on a regular basis. With the Lausitzring, we now have a track on which we have scored eight wins over the past ten seasons. But we also realise that success in the past is never a guarantee of successful weekends in the future. Of course, it would be nice to make it a hat-trick after Gary and Pascal won here in the last two years, but it’s difficult to make any sort of forecast with the strength of competition that we’re up against in the DTM. That’s what makes this series so fascinating.”

Last edited by 954Stealth; 05-29-2015 at 12:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 09:44 AM   #13
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 09:49 AM   #14
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

FP1

#1 Tom Blomqvist 1:18.145 (BMW M4 DTM)
#2 Mattias Ekstrom +0.197 (Audi RS5 DTM)
#3 Marco Wittman +0.210 (Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM)
#4 Jamie Green +0.249 (Audi RS5 DTM)
#5 Mike Rockenfeller +0.285 (Audi Sport Team Phoenix)
#6 Edoardo Mortara +0.354 (Audi RS5 DTM)
#7 Timo Scheider +0.455 (Audi RS5 DTM)
#8 Maxime Martin +0.456 (BMW Team RMG)
#9 Robert Wickers +0.584 (HWA AG)
#10 Miguel Molina +0604 (Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline)
#11 Daniel Juncadella +0.670
#12 August Farfus +0.779
#13 Nico Muller +0.831
#14 Timo Glock +0.841
#15 Bruno Spengler +0.841
#16 Max Gotz +0.881
#17 Pascal Wehrlein +0.893
#18 Adrien Tambay +0.914
#19 Lucas Auer +0.972
#20 Martin Tomczyk +01.067
#21 Christian Veitoris +01.099
#22 Antonio Felix da Costa +01.113
#23 Paul Di Resta +01.282

Last edited by 954Stealth; 05-29-2015 at 09:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 10:19 AM   #15
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 12:52 PM   #16
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Blomqvist opens with fastest time in practice.
Rookie Tom Blomqvist set the fastest time in the first free practice session of the DTM race weekend at the Lausitzring. The BMW Team RBM driver clocked at time of 1:18.145 minutes on the 3.478-kilometre track

May 29, 2015 BMW Motorsport

Marco Wittmann was the second-best BMW driver. The reigning DTM champion set the third-fastest time of 1:18.355 minutes in the Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM. His fellow BMW Team RMG driver Maxime Martin was eighth fastest, meaning three BMWs featured in the top ten.

Augusto Farfus, Timo Glock and Bruno Spengler ended the 45-minute session in twelfth, 14th and 15th place. Martin Tomczyk and António Félix da Costa were 20th and 22nd.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 12:54 PM   #17
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 01:01 PM   #18
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I added the Mercedes race preview to a previous post (so its prior to the track times). It doesn't seem like Audi has any driver quotes yet for whatever reason

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 01:40 PM   #19
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2015, 12:32 PM   #20
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States