XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

09-21-2014, 09:03 PM   #67
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Total snoozefest. Thank goodness for Tivo, I can't believe anyone could sit through watching that race live. Watched it all in under 15 minutes, missed nothing. Yawn.
It seemed there were more than the usual half million commercial breaks NBC usually takes. I'm sure it was because little was happening on track. That endless Safety Car period allowed NBC to stuff in another dozen or so commercial breaks.

Nico got the short straw today and Lewis capitalized. Good runs (by this year's standards) by the Ferraris.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2014, 10:15 PM   #68
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Total snoozefest. Thank goodness for Tivo, I can't believe anyone could sit through watching that race live. Watched it all in under 15 minutes, missed nothing. Yawn.
Found it rather entertaining. Watching Lewis have to pull out a 28 sec gap after the safety car was impressive. I did not think the super softs would last that long, other cars were running about 13 laps on them. Then pass Vettel for the win. Of course I am a Hamilton fan, so I found it far from a snoozefest. Did not want Vettel winning a race by default. Watching a pissed off Vergne pass cars at the end was entertaining as well.

Last edited by DieGrüneHölle; 09-21-2014 at 10:26 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2014, 10:35 PM   #69
mike the snake
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

I'm not a Rosberg fan either, but today's DNF puts the championship close to where it should be without his antics.

Hopefully the rest of the season will be fought out on the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tccox View Post
Not a fan of Rosberg but hated to see this happen to him. A DNF today
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 03:13 AM   #70
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Even though for the middle part of the race there wasn't that much action I still enjoyed the race. I guess if the winner is the guy you want to win then its never a bad race.
Shame they couldn't get Nico's car fixed for his pit lane start - an enforced comeback drive from the back of the field often defines a drivers ability, though it woould have been tough at that track. Vergne pulled some great passes at the end of the race...considering how close he was to Ricciardo at TR I can't believe he hasn't a race seat for next year yet.
I sort of waited for Hamilton to stick it in the wall when he was pushing so hard after the safety car so it was a relief to see he get past Vettel and then ease up for the last laps.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 11:40 AM   #71
mike the snake
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Enforced comebacks from the back of the field is what has gained me the respect of Hamilton.

I doubt Rosberg could have accomplished that, but Hamilton has already shown he can do just that multiple times,.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Even though for the middle part of the race there wasn't that much action I still enjoyed the race. I guess if the winner is the guy you want to win then its never a bad race.
Shame they couldn't get Nico's car fixed for his pit lane start - an enforced comeback drive from the back of the field often defines a drivers ability, though it woould have been tough at that track. Vergne pulled some great passes at the end of the race...considering how close he was to Ricciardo at TR I can't believe he hasn't a race seat for next year yet.
I sort of waited for Hamilton to stick it in the wall when he was pushing so hard after the safety car so it was a relief to see he get past Vettel and then ease up for the last laps.
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2014, 12:28 PM   #72
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

In a way Rosberg should be thankful his car broke. Now he has a chance to win the championship and be properly celebrated for the effort. Anything can happen, the Benz is not super reliable and then we have the double points nonsense in the last race. This has been a fun season with more to come.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #73
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
“Contamination” caused Rosberg’s Singapore failure

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/09/2...re-retirement/

Mercedes have shed new light on the problem which forced Nico Rosberg to retire from the Singapore Grand Prix.

The team revealed on Twitter that “Forensic analysis has revealed that the steering column electronic circuits were contaminated with a foreign substance.”

“The contamination was not visible and did not manifest itself until Sunday as Nico went to the grid,” the team added. “The result was an intermittent short circuit in the electronic circuits meaning Nico Rosberg could not command clutch or engine settings.”

“Fresh parts will be used at the forthcoming races. Our hard work on reliability processes will continue at the same intensive level.”

Rosberg’s retirement was his second and the fifth for Mercedes this year, all bar one of which were directly caused by technical failures. He lost the championship lead to team mate Lewis Hamilton, who won the race.

Mercedes motorsport director Toto Wolff said the team were trying to get on top of their technical problems and does not want them to interfere with the outcome of the drivers’ championship.

“These things take time to get a grip on – but we will not stop until we stop suffering these DNFs,” he said. “We have had four of them now and it would not be satisfying at all to have the championship decided because one car let the driver down.

“We need to refocus, get our heads down and keep concentrating on preventing these reliability problems reoccurring.”

Mercedes later added the contaminant was “a substance used in normal pre-event servicing of the component”.
      09-29-2014, 08:19 PM   #74
ashtaron14
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Max Verstappen set for historic FP1 debut in Suzuka

Ever imagine reaching the pinnacle of your career at 17?

http://en.espnf1.com/tororosso/motor...MT6413BwViR.99