XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X5 Forums > General BMW X5 (E70) and X5M Forum (2006-2013)

05-04-2017, 01:55 PM   #23
hsc1102
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandref321 View Post
So the fuel pump started to fail, probably since the truck is at 94k miles. It had occasional dips in the idle, then it started doing long starts and stalls. I bought a multimeter and tested the battery, the fuel pump relay, and the ground. There were no codes, the stalls happened after it started so not the starter, and the problems were in the middle of a tank of gas so not bad gas.

I called BMW and they said that since the car is out of warranty and the recall parts are not available then I would need to pay $165 for the diagnostic and if it was the fuel pump then they would replace it with a new recall pump and then replace it again when the fixed pumps come in. They also said that if they found anything else wrong during the diagnostic then I would need to pay them to fix that before they would cover the new fuel pump. Made sense to me so I dropped it off the next morning.

They called me later in the day to inform me that it was the fuel pump and they will replace it under the recall. He said he had to special order and the part would be there on Thursday. I didn't ask if it was the old fuel pump or the fixed version. I'll report back over the weekend.

Interestingly my car got a check engine warning that the fuel pump had an issue. I took it into BMW and they told me they had to special order the fuel pump as there was a recall. Here is the part number they used, bmw 16-11-7-934-457. Not sure if it is the new fuel pump or not but I have not had any issue so far.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2017, 10:47 PM   #24
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Just got the truck back. They did replace it with the new fixed fuel pump for the wife's 3.0si. Part number 16-11-7-195-463. Drives fine...feels kinda slower though. I'm not sure about my dealership...they didn't charge me the diagnostic fee like they said they would but then they marked "aftermarket lights, aftermarket blinkers, aftermarket wheel spacers" and they marked my CV joint as leaking since I nicked it while refreshing the suspension and then patched it. They said it's a safety violation I checked and it's not leaking. I'm glad they didn't notice the power box.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2017, 01:57 PM   #25
wjibby
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X5 3.0si

Talking

Since I just purchased a used BMW X5 3.0si and was aware of the recalls, I called BMWNA recall line and asked what is up. I live in Idaho and my nearest dealer is in Spokane.

BMWNA advised me that the drivers side airbags are available and to call my dealer to schedule the install. Passengers side airbag letters should be going out sometime in June. The Fuel pump letter should be going out by the end of the summer. This sounds Normal.

I had my airbags replaced in my 2003 M3 finally last year. Passengers side was replaced first and then 1 yr later the drivers side.

First, I have to get the letter from BMW to see if they know I am a new owner.

That is all I know as of now...
Regards
wjibby