XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum

TireRack

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   XBimmers.com | BMW X6 Forum X5 Forum > BMW X6 Forums > General BMW X6 and X6M Forum

03-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
marineboy88
Registered
Rep
Drives: X6

X6 headlight washers

I have just had both my headlight washers replaced on a 2008 X6 as they blew out during a cold weather period in GB. They were replaced under warranty, however, no mod has been done and in my opinion, there is a design fault. I have a 50/50 fluid mix and use BMW washer fluid. Moisture is freezing on the external surface of the front bumper and obstructing the covers, pressure builds up and both covers and nozzles disappear.

I think BMW should mod, this is also an issue on 3 and 5 series vehicles.

Anyone else had this problem?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 04:17 AM   #2
dannym
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 640d M Sport

I lost one a couple of weeks back, still need to get it replaced. I take it you have extended your BMW warranty?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
crunchingnumbers
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6M, 2018 RRS

I had that issue a few weeks ago driving fast in rain. I just saw a flash and when i got home there was a hole where the headlight washer used to be. When I went to the dealership, they told me I was not the first. It is a design issue. No part should fly off in rain at what ever speed (i was going pretty quickly ). It took 3 weeks to order, paint and replace. I don't think it will be the last time either.

I had started a thread here
Appreciate 0